How Long Does it take to Develop a Caffeine Tolerance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperSneaky24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I drink a cup of coffee everyday, will tolerance develop in a month? Just curious. I'm taking the MCAT in a month, and want to make sure caffeine has as a good effect on me (especially the verbal section, which I noticed caffeine helps a lot with my focus).

Members don't see this ad.

If I drink a cup of coffee everyday, will tolerance develop in a month? Just curious. I'm taking the MCAT in a month, and want to make sure caffeine has as a good effect on me (especially the verbal section, which I noticed caffeine helps a lot with my focus).
Well if you want to make sure you don't develop a tolerance why don't you hold off on caffeine until your MCAT?

Helps me focus, specially on the FL practice exams. I might just drink it every other day so I can resist the tolerance a lil better

LOL caffeine tolerance?! Its like you are talking about amphetamines, this would blend better with developing a tolerance. Just drink it everyday, plenty of people do and it still keeps working. Kills me all the people on sdn talk about caffeine like they are blowing lines of cocaine, its just caffeine--one of the softest stimulants out. Pretty amateur. Relax.:confused:

Reactions: 1 user