How long does it take to get Step I scores back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousGeorge2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I looked at the bulletin online and it said up to 8 weeks :eek:. Is this the norm? My school has a deadline by which they need the scores (in 2 weeks) and I took the 2 test about 2 weeks ago...

Members don't see this ad.

I looked at the bulletin online and it said up to 8 weeks :eek:. Is this the norm? My school has a deadline by which they need the scores (in 2 weeks) and I took the 2 test about 2 weeks ago...

Can you tell me exact date of your exam so that i will tell your result date. Don't worry your results will be in time based on your msg

USMLE tells that it takes up to 8 weeks ( its a maximum time),which apply generally when any special changes in exam pattern or item pool change occurs then they take up to 8 weeks but in normal conditions it takes just 3 weeks if you give exam by thursday

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

What if you take the exam on a weekend, like Saturday or Sunday... when would the score be expected to come out ??

Thank You

Hey,

What if you take the exam on a weekend, like Saturday or Sunday... when would the score be expected to come out ??

Thank You

If you take on sat or Sunday then they consider coming Wednesday as base point and count next 3 Wednesdays for result date. If you take exam on Feb 11th or 12th (sat/sun) then they might consider like, you gave exam on 15th Feb (wed) and results will be out on march 7th 2012(wed)

That is people say 3 or 4 weeks...If you give exam on sat or sun then you might get in 4weeks ( less than 28days) but if you give exam closer to Wednesday(like thu/fri) then results will be out in 3weeks(19-21days)

Thank You for the response :)

Are you 100% sure about that? Is there a possibility for it to be out by the 29th of Feb?

Thank You for the response :)

Are you 100% sure about that? Is there a possibility for it to be out by the 29th of Feb?

If you take your step-1 exam anytime between February 4 to 10,2012 then the result day will be February 29,2012.

This is almost sure because i saw many many usmle exam dates and result dates and analysed . so this is the out put

Only exception is when there are changes in step-1 item pool then they will take up to 8weeks. When did you gave your exam?

i'm taking it this sunday, so i was wondering when it would be out, i need to notify my school about it. sooo nervous!!!!

i'm taking it this sunday, so i was wondering when it would be out, i need to notify my school about it. sooo nervous!!!!

When you take step-1 any period between Sunday to wednesday ( February 12-15,2012), the result will be out on March 7th 2012. I wish you better luck friend

Hey Medicine85, I took step Feb 14 and I'm expecting my scores around March 7th...can you let me know if you get it by then as well? I'm so nervous!!