how long does it take to move from nightshift to dayshift in a hospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inpatientRPH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As soon as you tell ur supervisor to find someone to replace you, once they find a sucker and if they have daytime pos for you.

It's not just nightshift. Any shift has similar procedures...

As soon as you tell ur supervisor to find someone to replace you, once they find a sucker and if they have daytime pos for you.

It's not just nightshift. Any shift has similar procedures...

Pharmacists working night shift aren't doing it because they were "punished" or "banned" from working dayshift. Night shift isn't cut out for everyone and employers realize this. I used to work day shift but I am naturally a night owl, so with the shift differential and 7 on/7 off schedule I really wanted to do it. If I wanted to go to day shift I can't imagine my director minding. the only issue would be waiting until they found my replacement. So to answer your question, there is not time restraints. You transition to any shift in a hopsital when you and your director decide it will benefit all parties involved.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was hired about 8 months ago for a night shift and was told I could move to days when a day shift pharmacist decided to leave. I guess it all depends on the average turnover of pharmacists at the hospital.

I was hired about 8 months ago for a night shift and was told I could move to days when a day shift pharmacist decided to leave. I guess it all depends on the average turnover of pharmacists at the hospital.
I love Storyhill!