How long does it take you to review an AAMC full-length?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bea524

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to make sure I estimate this somewhat accurately so I can take all 8 of the AAMC's before my test date. Assuming you have all day, is it reasonable to review an entire full-length in 2 days? How about 1 day? The plan is to take 8 full-lengths in 24-30 days (day 1 take, days 2-3 review, day 4 take, days 5-6 review, day 7 take, days 8-9 review and so forth).

Members don't see this ad.

You should be taking at least as long to thoroughly review the entire exam as you took to take it, if not longer. A reasonable and useful schedule will have you taking a FL about every third day. If you are running short towards the end and need to, every other day for your last few exams is okay.

It typically takes me anywhere from 4-6 hours to go over a full length, depending on how well/poorly i do on it.

Reactions: 1 user
It took me a 6-7 days in the beginning to check one exam. But then after a month I made it to 3 days to check an exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. I think I only ever spent an hour, max.

That being said, that most people find it highly worthwhile probably indicates that mine is not the example to follow. :oops:

It all depends on your performance. If you did well you probably wont need to spend as much time on every single problem compare to if you didn't. It normally takes me about 2 hrs to review my practice test excluding the verbal section.

The time is proportional to the number of questions missed. You should spend ~5 minutes reviewing each question. Don't go back to the books while reviewing missed questions; instead, remember the concepts you missed and focus on those areas during your content review time.

Reactions: 1 user
i go over every question whether i got it right or wrong, and even in more detail w/ reference to my notes for the ones i got wrong and it usually takes me ~30min/passage, not including the verbal. On verbal I deconstruct the whole passage and answer the questions it takes me ~45 min per passage. so total i would say ~12 hours.