How long does post game analysis take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ieatshrimp24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity. I haven't done FLs yet but I will be starting that in less than two weeks. Trying to schedule my review days and break days since I got a lot of papers to do for school. So yeah like the title says, how long does it normally take to review an AAMC FL. I read that SN2ED recommends two-three times the amount of time it takes to take an FL. Is this true?

Also, if it really does take a long time and if I have some weaknesses in topics, how long do you guys review those topics? Thanks. Happy studying.

Members don't see this ad.

After I finish a FL, I spend 1 day reviewing PS and another day reviewing BS. I'm going to redo verbal completely later on before my exam as I am trying out different strategies. For PS/BS, I go question by question, and if I got it wrong, I write down why and then I open my comprehensive mcat notebook I made and review the content from there that I missed in the question. Good luck!

This is obviously dependent on how many weaknesses you have.

People who score 35+ probably need to spend less time on post-game analysis than do those who score 20.