How long is Credentialing? Already 6 months unemployed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zipperzam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Was wondering if any new grads here have had this issue while getting employed?

I finished a residency program at end of June and waited about 2 months to get my license.

I Spent 2 months finding a job and finally found a great position at a federal clinic.

The problem is that my new job is taking forever doing credentialing. They estimated that my credentialing will take 3 months to finish and start time is beginning of January of 2013. That is over 6 months of being unemployed.

Anyone had a similar situation? I never been out of school or work for such a long time.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you are trying to get credentialed with Medicaid then yes it most certainly can take months....

Generally private insurances are quicker but Medicaid is a pain

I've seen private take as long as 3 months to tell you there was an issue with the application/info given. Then tack on another 3 months or so.
Pediatric dentist told us that medicaid can take up to a year. Govt efficiency and all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Was wondering if any new grads here have had this issue while getting employed?

I finished a residency program at end of June and waited about 2 months to get my license.

I Spent 2 months finding a job and finally found a great position at a federal clinic.

The problem is that my new job is taking forever doing credentialing. They estimated that my credentialing will take 3 months to finish and start time is beginning of January of 2013. That is over 6 months of being unemployed.

Anyone had a similar situation? I never been out of school or work for such a long time.

In some states, Medicaid dental credentialing can take almost a year!

I've seen private take as long as 3 months to tell you there was an issue with the application/info given. Then tack on another 3 months or so.
ubxLTb

Whomever is handling your credentialing either has way to much on their plate or doesn't know what they are doing. in 6 month a provider should be participating with almost all plans. Medicare & Medicaid should only take 3 month tops.