How Long Is It Taking You To Get Through USMLEWorld?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lesion Of Doom

The Hemi-neglected One
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started off kind of slow it thinking that I could get through the questions in a three week time period. With only a week to go until the exam date, I still have 1000 questions to get through an dthis is bothering me.

I really took it slow in the beginning and made an effort to read each question and answer thoroughly. This took longer than I expected. Now with 1000 q's to go, I am concerned that I won't make it through all of the rest of the q's. :scared:

I am just wondering how you all who used USMLEworld went about studying the question and answers and how long it took you to get through them. :scared:

Well, at least I studied the other ones thoroughly but I still have many pages of hand-written notes to get through.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been using USMLEworld for a little over a week and have 1200 questions to go. In the beginning I was carefully reading each answer, taking notes, etc. Now I only carefully read everything if it is an area I don't know well or if I was confused about the question. If it is an explanation I have read 10 times before, there is no need to peruse every line again. It goes a lot faster now.

I'm trying to get through everything so that I can redo the questions I got wrong.

robotsonic said:
I have been using USMLEworld for a little over a week and have 1200 questions to go. In the beginning I was carefully reading each answer, taking notes, etc. Now I only carefully read everything if it is an area I don't know well or if I was confused about the question. If it is an explanation I have read 10 times before, there is no need to peruse every line again. It goes a lot faster now.

I'm trying to get through everything so that I can redo the questions I got wrong.

I only wish I had enough time to go back and do the questions I got wrong. I would be lucky just to finish all of the questions but I guess I have to break down and go your route now.

I'm currently going through usmleworld a 2nd time, but the first time was VERY slow!!!!
Yeah, you can just skip over the things you already know well....
I would suggest taking 8 blocks of usmleworld one day before your exam...that will significantly take away some questions....Also you could try the tutor mode, where you can answer the question and review it immediately afterwards..that goes faster,too....