How long to receive NAPLEX/MPJE results in your state?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmaz88

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here in AZ we must be lucky... we get our NAPLEX results from the board within 3 days, and our law results in just 1 day. ...was talking to a friend in Illinois though, and she has to wait 4-5 weeks, since the results go through some 3rd party 'Continental Testing Services'. Yikes!

So, what are the other wait times in the different states out there?

Members don't see this ad.

One day?! Do you get the scores online, or are you talking about seeing if your licensed or not?

I took the NAPLEX in FL and it took 12 days to receive my results! The anticipation was absolutely horrible! :scared: I thankfully passed though! :)

I took the MPJE for FL on Thursday last week and am still waiting for those results!! Here's hoping it will be here soon!!

I took the NAPLEX in FL and it took 12 days to receive my results! The anticipation was absolutely horrible! :scared: I thankfully passed though! :)

I took the MPJE for FL on Thursday last week and am still waiting for those results!! Here's hoping it will be here soon!!

12 days? that sucks, im in florida too and I took the naplex tuesday and the mpje saturday 7/7. I guess your best bet is just to do the license search online rather than wait for the scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
One day?! Do you get the scores online, or are you talking about seeing if your licensed or not?

They don't give us the scores online, but as soon as they have them, you can go to the board in person and get them. (They won't release the info, or even whether or not you passed, over the phone.) Assuming you passed both, you can pay your fees right there and be licensed that same day!

I keep checking the FL medical licensure look up but it stills says my pharmacy intern license is clear. I have a friend who took the FL MPJE last Monday (4 days before me) and is still awaiting his results too. It's taking too long!!

Well that sucks for me, I'm over here checking frantically meanwhile I took my last test 48 hours ago.

They don't give us the scores online, but as soon as they have them, you can go to the board in person and get them. (They won't release the info, or even whether or not you passed, over the phone.) Assuming you passed both, you can pay your fees right there and be licensed that same day!

Oh well, guess I'll wait for snail mail. I am not driving 60 miles just to see if they have the scores yet.... :)

Yeah I realized that after I posted, so now it's only 40-45 miles since I've moved further away too... and dealing with the downtown traffic and parking! I'm heading out of town the week after my NAPLEX for job training anyway, so there's no rush at that point. Hubby can always send in the check :)

Law tomorrow. I am so sick of looking through the regs. Everyone says how difficult the law exam is, but I'm just not feeling overly worried (but then again I also did the law elective rotation, so maybe that's why).

I keep checking the FL medical licensure look up but it stills says my pharmacy intern license is clear. I have a friend who took the FL MPJE last Monday (4 days before me) and is still awaiting his results too. It's taking too long!!
Hey, pharmdinfl can you post on here when you pass. Since I'm about 2 days behind you that will be helpful in gauging when I should get my info.

I took the Florida MPJE on July 3rd. The Florida board mails them to you immediately after they receive them. Because of the 4th of July holiday, it took 6 days for me to get my results. I passed. My pharmaicst license was issued on July 10th.

I took the Florida MPJE on July 3rd. The Florida board mails them to you immediately after they receive them. Because of the 4th of July holiday, it took 6 days for me to get my results. I passed. My pharmaicst license was issued on July 10th.

Thanks thats very helpful

I am in Florida, took the NAPLEX and MPJE on Sunday, July 8th, license was issued Wednesday, July 11th. Pretty darn quick I would say.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in Florida, took the NAPLEX and MPJE on Sunday, July 8th, license was issued Wednesday, July 11th. Pretty darn quick I would say.

Wow, both the same day?! How was that? I'm in Florida also and taking the NAPLEX the july 17 and MPJE on the 20th, getting really nervous, but can't wait to get it over with!

Have not yet received my MPJE score, but I must have passed! My pharmacist license popped up on the FL medical licensure search today!! :D

Walgreens had me working as a pharmacist the same day! They sure don't waste any time.

Okay, I stand corrected about AZ. ...seems like it's now 2 business days, for both the NAPLEX and the law. Regardless, you can still go down and get your results and get licensed on the spot.

Took the MPJE for NC on a Friday, had my scores on Tuesday, and was licensed on Thursday.

Took my MPJE for SC on June 9th...Got my scores July 9th... sent in ridiculous application they sent with my scores (in addition to one I have already filled out to be eligible for taking test). Called the BOP and they said they would mail out my license 10 business days after they receive my second application. No reason for the wait..."just policy". They also said DO NOT come to the office to pick up your license...We will not give it to you in person.

I guess it just all depends on how backwards your state is.

Congratulations Dr. Dana.

I just got notification from the California Board that my application is approved and I now I am waiting from NABP to get my ATT. Gee, that took what? Only 7 weeks?

Now there is another wrench in the works. California switched vendors for the CPJE from Thompson to Psychological Corporation(the PCAT folks) and as of this week only like 70 people have taken CPJE since July 1, the date of the vendor switch. The California Board will not release CPJE results until 400 people have taken the test in order to do QA/certification of the results. At this rate, CPJE results won't be released until well into September. However, I can actually take the CPJE in Las Vegas now. Hmmm :D

I took NAPLEX last monday (July 23.)
I called MI board and they said I have to wait approx 2weeks to see my test result on-line, 4 weeks for snail mail.
dunno what takes them so long to upload the result.
My friend took NAPLEX in IL and she got her mail in exactly 2 weeks!
Even though there is no on-line checking system in IL, IL and some other states are much faster than MI! :smuggrin:

Well after I complained yesterday.....guess what I received my result today.
and I passed...so glad that it's finally over! :D

I got my score via snail mail btw :hardy::hardy::hardy:
I also checked on Michigan website and they still didn't upload my test result yet. :confused: Anyway, I don't care :D

For the people in Florida, if anyone took their MPJE or NAPLEX this Monday or Tuesday, could you post when your license gets updated on the board website or if you get your results in the mail. This state is so slow. I called NABP today to find out if they even sent my scores to the Fl BOP and they said they didn't even recieve confirmation from the testing center that I took the test!! I called the testing center and they said they've sent my scores to NABP twice in the last two days! I don't know what's going on but if anyone took their exams this week and got licensed in this state please let me know. It's so frustrating waiting on an exam that's graded as soon as you take it. Stupid POLICIES!!

I took the NAPLEX in South Carolina on July 25th and haven't heard anything yet. I called the Board and they give me the run around. Who knows!!!

I took the Naplex the las 07/26 in Florida. I didn't recive my score today on 08/3. Today, I called the Florida board and they said that they didn't recived my score from NABP yet. Worried I called the NABP at they said that that sent on 07/27 the day after when I took the test. All my friends recived the score in a week. The main problem is that I can't concentrate and study for my MPJE. Somebody said that maybe I failed my test and for the people that failed the test they took more few day to send the score with the new applicacion. Please if somebody has the same experience share with us. Thanks

i think they are having delays this week, I took the mpje on the 25th and i'm registered and licenced but no scores yet, and also another 2 friends of mine had the same issue, they took naplex on the 26th, mpje on the 29th, no scores but apparantly they passed too b/c their licence number is up!

Today I recived my score...I passed :hardy:
Thanks Lord and Good luck for people that still waiting their score.

In MN you have to take both to get the results. I got my results 6 days after I took the MPJE, my second test. They sent out the results via snail mail.

Just a general question..did anyone get licensed yesterday or today by the Fl BOP?

I took my exam on July 31st and have heard nothing...no licensure update, no mail, nothing...I have been waiting two weeks now and they give me the run around when I call the board to find out what's going on. So if anyone got licensed yesterday or today by the Fl BOP please let me know. THANKS!

Bumping this one back up too...

For those of you who have taken this recently... how long did your results take? Did you get them via postal mail or were your results posted online?

I'm not sure why we don't just get an automated result sent to us via email from Pearsonvue as soon as we take the exam. :)

im from ct. the lady told me 4-6 weeks. thats crazy. just took the test today. it was hard. alot of guessing. i probably failed.:eek:

anybody in FL that recently took NAPLEX already receive their results? I have been waiting for 5 days (plus 2 weekends and the holiday) and still nothing.... :eek:

I know in Virginia you can look up your license information in order to determine if you passed. Does anyone know how long it takes for your status to change on the website?

anyone knows how long it takes to get the NAPLEX results from California Board of Pharmacy?

anyone get licensed in ohio? how long did it take to hear back from ohio board of pharmacy to get their license after taking both naplex and mpje...thanks

Have not yet received my MPJE score, but I must have passed! My pharmacist license popped up on the FL medical licensure search today!! :D

Walgreens had me working as a pharmacist the same day! They sure don't waste any time.
CONGRATS!

I am also in florida. I just want to know if you had a lot of calculations, patient profiles, hiv and cancer drugs or if you don't what topics did you have? Thanks in advance for your help. Again Congrats!

Has any one taken the NAPLEX in MA? Do you know if it is possible to get your scores online? Thanks

Hi,

I took the VA NAPLEX on Friday October 24, 2008. I am still waiting to get the score via snail mail. Is this normal? How long does it usually take them (I live in NoVA so mail should take only a day or two from Richmond)? My fried took her VA NAPLEX in early 2007 and got her score back within a week.

Regards,

Charlie

anyone get licensed in ohio? how long did it take to hear back from ohio board of pharmacy to get their license after taking both naplex and mpje...thanks

The board of Ohio told me that both exams have to be done before they release any scores! :thumbdown: Then it's about 3-4 days after that...but still...I'll be waiting at least 2 weeks cuz I'm taking MPJE 2 weeks after Naplex...:(

Hi,

I took the VA NAPLEX on Friday October 24, 2008. I am still waiting to get the score via snail mail. Is this normal? How long does it usually take them (I live in NoVA so mail should take only a day or two from Richmond)? My fried took her VA NAPLEX in early 2007 and got her score back within a week.

Regards,

Charlie

Just got my result. Turns out that NABP may hold the scores for retakers (like myself) for ten to fifteen additional days. I passed this time. :D

Congrats, hoya-
In CA, the wait time was pretty long (a few weeks) about a month and a half ago, so i was not holding my breath....
but i just got the green light to file for my RPh license, only 11 days after taking my CPJE and 6 days after taking my NAPLEX! crazy fast!

In CA we don't do any of this online, so we wait patiently for a letter from the board....

It looks like the wait time in CA varies, depending on the time of the year- also, we have a waiting period of 90 days to retake either exam (we have to take both CPJE and NAPLEX and pass both) so this influences the number of people who can take the exams at any given time.

I am Soooooooooooooo relieved i passed. I was not very confident!