How long to study for MCAT given my circumstances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayothen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is probably asked over and over again, but I would still greatly appreciate any input or advice anyone has! Currently I'm signing up for the MCAT but might either take it in March or April. People have told me that without a job, they studied 2 mo and did very well. I'll be starting my EMT job soon in about a month tops (most likely part time). I have TPR books, and will be getting one Kaplan book as well as the practice tests from AAMC. I'll also be watching a few KA videos. I'm wondering how long I should study for a great score, seeing that I've been out of school a year with a degree in bio. Most concepts are familiar to me, but I do need a good thorough review and to LEARN psych stuff also. Is 2 or 3 mo alright with about 8 hrs a day on my non working days? My shifts are 12/24/48/60hr shifts and my schedule won't be set until I've worked one month. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I have a part-time job (12 hr shifts on weekends). I'm taking the test in May and haven't fully started to study yet...

I have a part-time job (12 hr shifts on weekends). I'm taking the test in May and haven't fully started to study yet...

I'm taking it in May as well...May 6th! I've just been making a study schedule but I'm still weary on applying for a job that could possibly not make me do as well on the test