How long until secondaries are given to you after you are processed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am behind schedule, but I took the August MCAT and I have some freedom. I will be submitting my application this week, and I am estimating a month to process. That would put me at September 20. I will then have a month untill my MCAT scores come out. I am going to have everyhting in when my MCAT scores come out, but I am wondering how long it takes to get the secondary applications once you submit your AMCAS info.

There is a thread on this, but most of the people submitted early june, and adcoms didn't start downloading info until July. So, my question is, if I were sumbited tomorrow, how long would it take to get secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted 8/2 with two schools listed, added two more later, verified 8/17 and added five more schools that day. I got two secondaries right away (Wash U, Kentucky) before I was verified. I have yet to receive any others. This is partly because some of them screen (Vandy, Pitt, Wake), but the others I guess are just being slow sending out the automatic secondary (Louisville, Saint Louis, Pritzker, Emory).