How many acceptances does USC hand out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strongboy2005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know how to look for the number of matriculants to a particular school, but how many acceptances are handed out by USC? Also, how many people do they invite for interview?

Members don't see this ad.

6430 applied, 717 interviewed, 362 were accepted, 164 enrolled

from US news

6430 applied, 717 interviewed, 362 were accepted, 164 enrolled

from US news
From my e-mail from USC: "We interview approximately 500 applicants and our interview season will end in early April."

Do you think the 362 accepted number is still true? If so, that is very encouraging...

362/717 is about 50%... basically a coin-flip (obviously I hope to improve my odds by interviewing well).

Thanks for the info.

EDIT: does Usnews specify in state and out of state applicants? Are my chances better or worse as a California applicant?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea whose data is more accurate, but for many schools chances of acceptance after interview are 50%, that includes acceptees pulled from the waitlist I believe.

In-state admissions data 3554 applied, 238 were accepted, 118 enrolled Out-state admissions data 2876 applied, 124 were accepted, 46 enrolled

You may want to clarify which USC you're talking about OP.

South Carolina or Southern California...you guys may be talking about different schools.

You may want to clarify which USC you're talking about OP.

South Carolina or Southern California...you guys may be talking about different schools.

south carolina = MUSC
south cali = USC

silly girl :p :)

Hey Redrumi, did you pay for the US News report? That info looks useful. How much did it cost you? Worth it?