How many accredited pain fellowship spots in the country?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paininthe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, I was just curious about approximately how many accredited pain fellow positions are there. Just wanted a rough idea about how many people don't get matched and whether I would feature among them...Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Check the Abms website which lists all of them. There's 80-90 programs?? I think?

Last edited:
Check the Abms website which lists all of them. There's 80-90 ?? I think?
This is closer to the number of programs, not spots. There are approximately slightly more than 90 programs. I can't give an exact number because there are always closures and new programs popping up occasionally. Most of the programs have 1-4 spots, and a few have 8-10 spots.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is closer to the number of programs, not spots. There are approximately slightly more than 90 programs. I can't give an exact number because there are always closures and new programs popping up occasionally. Most of the programs have 1-4 spots, and a few have 8-10 spots.
That's what I meant: programs (fixed). Thanks.

Thanks for the input but I was asking about the number of positions, not programs.