HOw many applicants does e/a program interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Txed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there is a place where you can find how many applicants each residency program interviewed last year but I can't find it. Some interview 100, 150 and I heard some even interview only 60. Does anyone know where I can find that information?

Members don't see this ad.

I know there is a place where you can find how many applicants each residency program interviewed last year but I can't find it. Some interview 100, 150 and I heard some even interview only 60. Does anyone know where I can find that information?

Not likely to find that info collected anywhere. Generally it's known that most programs will need to interview about 10 applicants/slot to ensure filling.

Popular programs receive approx 400-600 applicants - interview 150-200. There is no published data on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually the right way to look at this is like BKN said. Interviews per spot. Generally 10-12.

At the U of A we do less than that.

Check out Freida website; its buried under the genral info section. Not sure if it is right but for U of Arizona it says 80 interviews for 13 spots.

I've asked at all my interviews.....so far, the minimum I found is 10 per slot, avg about 13-14 per slot, heard as high as 21.

I've also seen this info on frieda. Look at the particular program.