how many credits should i take my last semester(spring)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

audigq

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need to take only 10 to graduate (12 is min for full time). should i just take 10 credits? does this look bad? Im gonna take a gap year after i graduate. also im taking 8 this semester because im studying for the mcat. for most of the semesters i ranged between 12-15, with my best gpa coming from 15 credit semesters

Members don't see this ad.

I need to take only 10 to graduate (12 is min for full time). should i just take 10 credits? does this look bad? Im gonna take a gap year after i graduate. also im taking 8 this semester because im studying for the mcat. for most of the semesters i ranged between 12-15, with my best gpa coming from 15 credit semesters

8 credits, 10 credits, then gap year? Yea it will look bad. Are you working? If no, it'll look very bad. Tons of nontraditionals are in school while working and taking the mcat.

Edit: and even most traditional students take at least 12 credits while studying for the mcat.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
15 credits? Does not compute. I've only ever taken 18-20 credits a semester. WHAT MAJOR ARE YOU???

im a neurobio major. my school credit range is 12-18 with 18 being the max. i dunno but i have been taking 15/14/14/15/12/15/8 with AP credits and also 2 CC classes and now i only need 10 to graduate

8 credits, 10 credits, then gap year? Yea it will look bad. Are you working? If no, it'll look very bad. Tons of nontraditionals are in school while working and taking the mcat.

are you talking about working during gap year? if so, yes i will be hopefully if i can find a job.
to be honest i really dont want to take more than i need because it will cost me more money and i really have no interest in taking classes just to fill up credits. also i want to relax my last semester and get to do things i didnt before

Edit: and even most traditional students take at least 12 credits while studying for the mcat.

okay but i took 8 because i could afford to. why would i need to make it harder on myself and pay more money by taking more credits when i dont need to. this logic does not compute

anyone? please respond to my posts? am i wrong?

Do you need more credits to boost your GPA? If no, then just take however many you need to graduate. Adcom's aren't going to look down on you for trying to save money.

im a neurobio major. my school credit range is 12-18 with 18 being the max. i dunno but i have been taking 15/14/14/15/12/15/8 with AP credits and also 2 CC classes and now i only need 10 to graduate
that's how my school is too (18 credits max a semester). IMO, you should not take less than 12 credits - unless you are nontrad and working full-time/going to school part-time

okay but i took 8 because i could afford to. why would i need to make it harder on myself and pay more money by taking more credits when i dont need to. this logic does not compute
sorry I didn't see this post before, if you can only afford 8 and that's all you need to graduate, then just do that. I don't think adcoms will hold this against you. if you get asked about it in an interview just say that you were trying to save money

Just remember that going below 12 credits may affect your financial aid status. You will no longer be considered a full-time student, which could affect scholarships, grants etc.