How many interviews do you have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many dermatology interviews do you have?

• 0 or none

Votes: 4 23.5%

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • 2-3

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 4-5

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 6-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

furrymonkey24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dermatology applicant without any interviews yet. I know it's early but of course my Type-A personality is bringing up anxiety levels of doom and gloom and only matching prelim med. I'll create a weekly poll on Tuesdays so people can track where other applicants are at in terms of # of invites. We could also maybe add this to the Google Doc?

Poll closes in 24 hours so it's accurate to November 4th.

Members don't see this ad.

It may make more sense (especially this early in the interview season) to list two, three, four, and five individually instead of not clump 2-3 and 4-5.

Reactions: 1 user
2 with 3 rejections here

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
None. Really getting worried. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dermatology applicant without any interviews yet. I know it's early but of course my Type-A personality is bringing up anxiety levels of doom and gloom and only matching prelim med. I'll create a weekly poll on Tuesdays so people can track where other applicants are at in terms of # of invites. We could also maybe add this to the Google Doc?

Poll closes in 24 hours so it's accurate to November 4th.

I wouldn't worry too much. The vast majority of derm interviews are in January and some even leak into early February. It's normal to keep hearing from programs throughout November and December. I'd worry a little bit more of the year ends without too much in the way of interview invites.

are people with between 2-5 interview invites counting invites from places they did aways at?? because if i count those, i have 3, but 2 are from aways that interviewed me while i was there or counted the away itself as an interview. Only 1 is from a program i did not do an away at. had 3 rejections.

I know it sounds dumb but when can I expect the rejections to arrive? Do programs tend to send rejections after they send out invites? I have only 1 rejection and no invites, but I applied late. If I don't hear anything, is it a good or bad sign? Thank you.

I know it sounds dumb but when can I expect the rejections to arrive? Do programs tend to send rejections after they send out invites? I have only 1 rejection and no invites, but I applied late. If I don't hear anything, is it a good or bad sign? Thank you.
A program doesn't have to send a written rejection at all if it doesn't want to. It would be courteous of them to do for closure for you, but they don't have to.

This probably dates me but I seemed to remember getting interview invites via email and rejection notices via actual snail mail during my application process

This probably dates me but I seemed to remember getting interview invites via email and rejection notices via actual snail mail during my application process
They may be moving towards eras rejections this year. Just got #4 via noreply@eras... Always a bad sign Lolll

They may be moving towards eras rejections this year. Just got #4 via noreply@eras... Always a bad sign Lolll
That's actually a good thing. At least when you got a rejection, you could do what you need for closure and move on. The hoping and waiting and not knowing all the way to the end of the season waiting on a program is the worst. Doesn't make the rejection feel any better, I know.

That's actually a good thing. At least when you got a rejection, you could do what you need for closure and move on. The hoping and waiting and not knowing all the way to the end of the season waiting on a program is the worst. Doesn't make the rejection feel any better, I know.
Yeah definitely! It would just be nice to have an invite or two thrown in, I'm on a losing streak right now lol

4 rejections in a row sucks, but Obviously happy and grateful to have my two invites at this point