how many interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many Pain interviews do you plan to attend?

• 1-3

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 4-7

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 8-10

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 11+

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

WashMe

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just trying to get a sense for how many interviews people are going on, and/or how many you think are needed.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like the response rate is low because maybe people aren't taking this the right way! I don't mean to ask how many interviews you've gotten, or what % of places you've received an interview. I'm sort of asking what you think is a reasonable number, and how many you'd go on (assuming you were invited) based on finances, time off, ensuring a match, etc

Very confusing. Answer is prob as many as you can get and be off for. The poll should be how many interviews do you have at this current point in the app cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha :) I guess the more interesting question at this point would be "what percentage of places you applied have offered you an interview at this point?". I don't think the absolute # tells you a ton about your chances, since the denominator could be huge. For instance, getting 6 interviews out of 10 at this point would be more impressive than, say, 15 out of 90.

If you're a competitive applicant, chances are you're going to match in the top 2 or 3 of your rank list, and among those, most likely your top choice. So really only need to go on half a dozen interviews at the most.

However by the time you're faced with making a decision on which interviews to decline, you've likely already been on a few early interviews which might not be your top choice programs. And then some quality programs likely won't send out interview offers until mid-late July, at which time you've been on a few more, so you're left with going on a dozen interviews all across the country unless you are willing to turn down offers from big names.

The match is a good program but it has its drawbacks.