How many lecture slides does everyone get per day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOApplicant021592

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are averaging around 200-250 slides/day of new material. How does this compare to other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

We try to limit slides to 50/hour, max. Naturally, I have colleagues who feel obliged to have some 100+ slides for a one hour lecture. I'm grinding my teeth thinking about this as I write!

My own lectures I try to keep around 1/slide minute, and a 30-40 maximum, because you need time to explain, and answer questions, and ask pimping questions too.

We are averaging around 200-250 slides/day of new material. How does this compare to other schools?

Reactions: 1 user
My best was 400 slides per day, but i needed to do it.. so i can say i was obligated to do it as soon as possible

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends how many lectures we have per day. We probably average 40-50 slides per lecture. Most days we have 3 or 4 lectures.

Varies. anywhere from 50-70 slides per lecture for us

Today we had 7h of lecture...and about 600 slides....:grumpy:

We probably average about 240 a day (6 lecture hours, 40 slides each).

Probably between 200 and 300 a day depending on the lecturer. Same as everyone above, we had between 30-50 an hour for 4-5 hours. If you had micro in the afternoon.... Better add another 100 to that. lol. But realistically, the lecture notes were better, and you aren't going to go over every single slide. At least not at my school.