How many months should one wait to re-use AAMCs if an individual plans to retake the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamstoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posting this for friend.

This individual used all of their AAMCs already when they prepared about 3 months ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, 3 months is probably a good time but it also depends how thoroughly he/she reviewed. Anyway, AAMC's full-length are the best practice out there so def. reuse them if already burned through them. There's also EK that has tons of practice questions.

bump. I'm worried that if I retake them in 3 months, I might remember the answers therefore destroying their usefulness. If I'm sure I'm voiding or canceling my September exam and plan to retake in January, what should I do?

they're still probably going to be good practice, but what you score on them will probably have less predictive value of what you will get on the real deal

Members don't see this ad :)
they're still probably going to be good practice, but what you score on them will probably have less predictive value of what you will get on the real deal

My worry though is I saved all the later tests AAMC 8,9,10,11. I'm scared if I do retake it, I will remember my AAMCs by accident when I reuse them. I fear that they wouldn't be useful if I'm that "Familiar" with it.

My worry though is I saved all the later tests AAMC 8,9,10,11. I'm scared if I do retake it, I will remember my AAMCs by accident when I reuse them. I fear that they wouldn't be useful if I'm that "Familiar" with it.
I think you can use your aamc verbal score as indicator and use the GS score as your science score indicator if you happen to retake your aamc tests... Im reusing the verbal passages that I took on aamc3 and 4 last month and I absolutely remember nothing