This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoihaie

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You applied to 40+ schools? I don't know whether to pity you or hope you get into your top choice. Why so many schools?

You applied to 40+ schools? I don't know whether to pity you or hope you get into your top choice. Why so many schools?

I'm applying to 37. It's because my stats, while good, are hovering around 'average' for applicants accepted to medical school, and from my friends' experiences last year, I know how competitive (and arbitrary!) this process can be. I'm trying to increase my chances of getting in somewhere, and I've been really happy with the amount of good medical schools that I'd be glad to attend. Thus, my list ended up being 37 schools long. I have about 10-15 'reach' schools in there, but even though my stats are average for matriculants, I feel there are a few things about my ECs and research that are above average. This could perhaps endear me to those more difficult schools.

I just don't want to have to reapply! I'm already taking a gap year.

So for those of us applying this cycle...

How many secondaries have you gotten/returned so far? Making this thread because I feel so swamped with them and want someone to complain/suffer with me haha..........

For me I've gotten 26 so far, returned 22 of them, and have 4 currently with no essays written.

Most of them were returned within 1-3 days except for 3 of them that took a bit over a week.

Expecting around 15 more.... What have I done to myself xD

I'm not yet verified, but I've received one secondary from GW. Ugh - when my application gets verified, I'll be in the same boat... I guess I should start pre-writing now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I was bad applying to 24 schools. Good luck to those who applied to 40 schools.

Reactions: 3 users
Applied to 25 and I'm thinking of adding one or two more DO schools when I get more $$$. Received and returned 9 secondaries so far. I have three more pre-written and I'll just do the rest as they come. My brain needs a break from essays.

Applying to 20, have received 15, have submitted 6. Overwhelmed by how expensive this process is. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Applying to 20 schools. I think I've gotten 12 or 13 secondaries so far and I've submitted all but one (trying to get that one sent out today).

Applying to 24, might add another one or two, just because i can't make up my mind and I am afraid of not getting in
probably won't be verified for another 2 weeks (ready for review july 8th), but have received 5 secondaries already, 1 submitted.
my boyfriends been verified for a while so he sends me the secondary prompts to pre write :)
good luck to all!!

I'm applying to 37. It's because my stats, while good, are hovering around 'average' for applicants accepted to medical school, and from my friends' experiences last year, I know how competitive (and arbitrary!) this process can be. I'm trying to increase my chances of getting in somewhere, and I've been really happy with the amount of good medical schools that I'd be glad to attend. Thus, my list ended up being 37 schools long. I have about 10-15 'reach' schools in there, but even though my stats are average for matriculants, I feel there are a few things about my ECs and research that are above average. This could perhaps endear me to those more difficult schools.

I just don't want to have to reapply! I'm already taking a gap year.

I'm not yet verified, but I've received one secondary from GW. Ugh - when my application gets verified, I'll be in the same boat... I guess I should start pre-writing now.

Same here, but my stats are worse - in the 10th percentile haha

Same here, but my stats are worse - in the 10th percentile haha

Oh come on, you got a 32 on the mcat. that's more than adequate so you cant complain w/ stats like that.

Last edited: