How many premeds are on SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellie0

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what percentage of premeds are on SDN... I feel like it's hard to be premed and NOT stumble across this website at some point or another. What do you guys think? Not that it matters, but I was thinking about that.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This all depends on how you determine if someone is a premed. A lot of incoming freshman will say they are premeds and by the end of their first year give up on it. Those likely won't find SDN.

The more serious ones, the ones who seriously plan to take the MCAT or apply are much more likely to find SDN. Only a small fraction of those will ever register on the forums and an even smaller subset will actually post here.

You'd be surprised how many people go on the pre-med path and literally never once google anything about going to medical school or becoming a physician. These people tend to not be very motivated to actually pursue medicine.

Reactions: 2 users
You'd be surprised how many people go on the pre-med path and literally never once google anything about going to medical school or becoming a physician. These people tend to not be very motivated to actually pursue medicine.

My favorite is the pre-med who thought she had to take a course before taking the MCAT because she saw an altius flyer at school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
This all depends on how you determine if someone is a premed. A lot of incoming freshman will say they are premeds and by the end of their first year give up on it. Those likely won't find SDN.

The more serious ones, the ones who seriously plan to take the MCAT or apply are much more likely to find SDN. Only a small fraction of those will ever register on the forums and an even smaller subset will actually post here.

Yeah, every pre-med I know goes on SDN, but I'm the only one I know in real life who actually posts here.