How many rejections so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1 reject, 1 hold, a ton of silence

Members don't see this ad.

2 II 5 rejections. My rejections came in batches... one day I got two within an hour, another day a few weeks ago I had 3 all in one morning. Haven't heard anything from anyone in a few weeks. I really wish my rejections were spaced out... several in one day is too much to take in this early in the cycle

2 II 5 rejections. My rejections came in batches... one day I got two within an hour, another day a few weeks ago I had 3 all in one morning. Haven't heard anything from anyone in a few weeks. I really wish my rejections were spaced out... several in one day is too much to take in this early in the cycle
Try 5 rejections and no II yet :(

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry :( remember, don't freak out until 2016 lol :D

Reactions: 1 user
1 reject, 1 hold, a ton of silence

I had this weird moment reading your post where my brain was like "I can't believe a school would reject Judge Judy" and then I was like "Wait. What the hell is wrong with me..." :smack:

Reactions: 4 users
1 Rejection so far...no II's

Applied to 25 total schools.2 pre-interview rejections, 1 post-interview rejection, 1+ holds (only checked for one school, I'm assuming more), 11 II's, ? silent rejections.

Last edited:
No rejections. Two II's. Every other school as has been silent as can be. I hate the silence sooooo much.

LizzyM 73, applied to 15 lower-mid tier medical schools.

Picked up my first rejection of the season just now! I have subsequently labeled all of Pritzker's emails with a "LAME" tag in my gmail inbox. (just kidding its a great school and I am happy for all of you who will be going there)

1 rejection and 5 IIs. No holds so far. All the IIs were in August but it's been pretty silent the past few weeks for me. Makes you think "maybe they like me... wait hold on maybe not."

Members don't see this ad :)
I would be happy with just 1 interview at least at this point.

Reactions: 5 users
No rejections (which I'm surprised about after reading this thread)
9 II
1 almost guaranteed II (They only send secondaries to people they will invite to interview, and I got one)
and 9 silences (at least half of which are probably silent rejections I would imagine)

Can't complain

How do you find out where you have a hold? Do you actually have to login to each portal to check?

Technically one but it was because they thought I was missing something, and after emailing them, they realized I had it and brought me back into consideration.

So zero. But no interviews either. :(

1 rejection, 1 hold, 9 interviews, 11 silences.

Reactions: 1 users
The people complaining about silence/getting a rejection when they've got multiple interview invites make me want to punch someone.

Reactions: 18 users
Sorry if I came off as complaining, I know I just happened to get really lucky early in the cycle. But I also submitted early so I'm sure all of y'alls IIs are coming up soon. We are all gonna get rejections as well, it's just a part of the process. Definitely not upset, even if my 11 silences all turn out to be silent rejections (which most of them probably are for me at this point because of how early I submitted).

Can someone answer this?
It depends upon the school. Some schools (for example, Albany Medical College) will email you and tell you that you are on hold. Other schools (for example, New York Medical College) will not tell you that you are on hold, and you will only find out if you check your portal.

It depends upon the school. Some schools (for example, Albany Medical College) will email you and tell you that you are on hold. Other schools (for example, New York Medical College) will not tell you that you are on hold, and you will only find out if you check your portal.

Thanks. Can you also explain precisely what "on hold" means? My understanding is that it's like a waitlist for IIs.

Sorry if I came off as complaining, I know I just happened to get really lucky early in the cycle. But I also submitted early so I'm sure all of y'alls IIs are coming up soon. We are all gonna get rejections as well, it's just a part of the process. Definitely not upset, even if my 11 silences all turn out to be silent rejections (which most of them probably are for me at this point because of how early I submitted).

It's alright, I know silence is frustrating. Besides, a few minutes after I posted that I got my second II. So now I'm a hypocrite lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks. Can you also explain precisely what "on hold" means? My understanding is that it's like a waitlist for IIs.
I'm assuming we're both talking about the "on hold" that happens after your application has been marked complete, but before you have been given an interview. This generally means that they read your application and didn't decide to interview you when they first read it, but didn't decide to reject you either. In this case, they hold onto your application for a while longer. What they do with it varies by school. Some will continuously review it throughout the cycle. Some won't re-review it until they have reviewed all the other applications for the first time.

1 hold, 2 II, 0 rejections and 17 schools playing the quiet game.

Got my first rejection today. Also have one hold.

Another 2 rejections this week. At least I know.

Why can't Rochester and Tufts just send the rejection :/

1 rejection from Rosalind Franklin complete 7/27 and rejected 9/14
2 holds GW (complete 7/15 hold 8/5) and AZ Tucson (complete 7/27 hold 9/15)

7 II and still waiting to hear back from 23/33 schools

1 rejection (from an OOS public school).
3 II's.
0 holds.
24 remaining possibilities. :D

1 post-secondary rejection (Rosy Franklin)
1 pre-secondary rejection (U Washington -- I'm OOS, shouldn't have applied)
2 holds (Albany and GW)
3 DO IIs, 0 MD IIs (this is beginning to worry me)
Way too many silences

2 rejections, 4 MD II (IS), silence from all DO (WHY?)

Can't get rejected if you're not complete! Winning!

(I'm kidding......f%$ damn LOR writers taking their sweet time as if the words "rolling admissions" don't mean a thing. I've been "complete" in every other sense of the word since August. Ahhh!).

Continue.

Reactions: 7 users