How many rejections so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm leaving Feb mostly free b/c of Canadian schools scheduling their MMIs on those weekends. I was scheduled for Jan 27, but I managed to find an open spot for Dec 14 earlier today, and just found Nov 16... moral of the story is that since people are getting acceptances now, earlier dates may be opening up.
I think Im going to try and find an earlier date if I can. I booked a flight but will pay a change fee if need be.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also want to ask why in the world can't these schools send something, like denied by email, rather than staying silent. That is so disrespectful to me. Yes, no, maybe so, and crickets....

I know there are a lot of applicants, but it's downright rude IMHO.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They don't want to deny you in October in case they can't find anyone better.

Yeah, just check the portal. To this date they still haven't sent me an email about it.
Oh god, now besides refreshing my email every 15 minutes I'm gonna be checking 23 portals

Reactions: 1 users
7 rejections, 2 holds, 1 II, 27 waiting.

I dare someone to say they have more rejections than me right now. Starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my app...

2 II
5 rejections
8 no response
Glad to have 2 interviews already and hope to get a couple more.

A number that only threatens to grow and grow. Given the information above, I probably have a few silent rejections that I haven't bothered to add to the count. To keep my bright optimism up, I will continue to not bother until May.

I dare someone to say they have more rejections than me right now. Starting to wonder if there's something wrong with my app...
At least you have an acceptance u.u. I have 3 rejections , 1 II and 20+ silent

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my fifth rejection today from Cooper. Really thought i would have more success with them. Now i'm at 3 II, 5 rejections, 1 hold (GW, thus most likely a rejection) and waiting on 13 more.

Just got my fifth rejection today from Cooper. Really thought i would have more success with them. Now i'm at 3 II, 5 rejections, 1 hold (GW, thus most likely a rejection) and waiting on 13 more.
Thank goodness for the 3II's you should be proud..I only have one II and getting worried.

Yeah, certainly happy for what i have thus far, and i definitely try to maintain perspective. But like dating, it's hard to keep in mind that there are many other options, and successes, out there when someone with whom you shared a perfect connection with rejects you.

Yeah, certainly happy for what i have thus far, and i definitely try to maintain perspective. But like dating, it's hard to keep in mind that there are many other options, and successes, out there when someone with whom you shared a perfect connection with rejects you.
I like that!

OP asked how many rejections. You led off with the number of IIs you have.

Good luck with your interviews.

Already mentioned I wasn't trying to brag or anything. I saw many posts that listed II as well as rejections so I simply did the same

Reactions: 2 users
Four rejections thus far and four holds. Luckily, I'm a mad man and applied to 36 MD schools. So in the grand scheme of things I still have plenty to hear back from!
I hope we both end up as classmates at the mutual top choice of ours! ;)

Last edited:
I've been stuck at 4 rejections (with 3 II, thankfully) for over a month now. The last time I heard from any school was over 3 weeks ago. This is torturous. And now two of the schools I was complete in mid-July at have started rejecting people/putting people on hold, but I haven't heard anything from either of them. What gives?

2 II, 1 hold, 2 rejections & still waiting on 21 schools. Also still waiting for some in-state love :(

Cool story. And congratulations!

If you read the thread or at least the title you would know I emphasized my schools to OP since they were worried about not getting any II because of their LizzyM score or whatever it is. I am in a similar boat so I figured it would give OP hope....lol

8 rejections, 2 holds, 1 II, 24 waiting.

513 MCAT (11,10,14,10), 3.97 masters gpa, lower ugpa. I can't easily fix my 7-11 year-old undergrad gpa, and I don't quite know what my undergrad health professions advisor said in her committee letter. My 5 non-committee recs, however, are excellent.

As long as I can land at least one acceptance, I'll be happy :)

Last edited:
Update: 2 IIs lined up, 1 acceptance, 17 silences.
(complete everywhere end of July so at this point I'd be ecstatic if 20% of those silences got back to me positively)
Come on UCs, show me some love!

At this point, I'm pretty sure the only reason I don't have rejections from MD schools is because they haven't even looked at my application or silent rejection.

Oh well 2 DO IIs is something even if one of those is from a school that has a war going on in its thread and already has a full class.

3 IIs, 2 holds, 2 rejections. Still waiting to hear from 13 other schools

I've gotten the axe from 5 schools (of 33) so far: CMS Rosalind Franklin, AZ Tucson, Dartmouth, GW (after a painful 3 month hold), and Vandy (pre-secondary)

Already been accepted elsewhere though which softens the blow alot. Any other victims of yesterdays GW rejection storm around? I swear they must've rejected half their applicants yesterday...

I still have 1 II, 0 rejections, and 19 silences. About 5 of my schools send out lots of rejections.

I still have 1 II, 0 rejections, and 19 silences. About 5 of my schools send out lots of rejections.

It makes me feel better that a strong applicant like you are on the same boat as me ;(

Last edited:
So far...
4 solid rejections
4 "hold/deferred/continued" post- interview
2 acceptances

Waiting for...
4 (post-interview decision)
8 (pre-interview decision)

It makes me feel better than a strong applicant like you are on the same boat as me ;(

Thanks, but you're a strong applicant yourself. If we don't get in this cycle, we submit day 1 next year with stronger credentials and add some DO schools. It's clear that as admissions grows more competitive, submitting early is just as important as stats, something that may not be emphasized strongly enough on SDN.

It's emphasized, but some people still say September completion is OK, when the truth may be that it's a big disadvantage.

so far...
3 rejections
1 hold pre- interview
0 II
0 acceptances

I don't know if I can stay strong much longer.

4 rejections
4 II's
2 holds and a post-interview deferral
Silence from 21 schools

Thanks, but you're a strong applicant yourself. If we don't get in this cycle, we submit day 1 next year with stronger credentials and add some DO schools. It's clear that as admissions grows more competitive, submitting early is just as important as stats, something that may not be emphasized strongly enough on SDN.

It's emphasized, but some people still say September completion is OK, when the truth may be that it's a big disadvantage.

I feel so bad about being complete so late. I think my cycle would have gone much differently if I had submitted day 1. When were you complete?

I am actually applying to DO schools this cycle as well. I don't want to wait another year, but I also feel like I would have not realized my potential to get into an MD school.

It may be a big disadvantage, but I think this is where intersectionality becomes important. If your stats are borderline and you don't have a lot going for you, then it is a major disadvantage to not be early. But if you're middle-of-the-road competitive or better, then I don't think it's quite as bad. (For instance, I was complete in September but I think I'm doing okay so far.) There are a lot of factors in play here and they all make a difference.

It may be a big disadvantage, but I think this is where intersectionality becomes important. If your stats are borderline and you don't have a lot going for you, then it is a major disadvantage to not be early. But if you're middle-of-the-road competitive or better, then I don't think it's quite as bad. (For instance, I was complete in September but I think I'm doing okay so far.) There are a lot of factors in play here and they all make a difference.
I may have been borderline, but I dont think Doug is close to being borderline.

I may have been borderline, but I dont think Doug is close to being borderline.

I don't know what Doug's stats are. But there's other things. I think where you apply is easily as important as when you apply. EC's, personal statement, LOR's, etc. There's too many things to take into account. And hopefully we'll all get some II's soon. It's not over yet!