How many rejections so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ to everything above. September completion isn't bad. It's not early, but it's not late to the point where it really hurts you. You'd be surprised how many people(most I know) outside of SDN are complete late August/September. This whole process is a total crapshoot haha so you never know what's going to happen.

I was complete at my earliest schools mid Oct (LOR writers). Yeah, that's right. Mid October. At the earliest. Ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

3 rejections (1 pre-secondary, 2 pre-interview)
1 WL
1 acceptance
2 post-interview decisions pending
2 remaining interviews to attend
11! silences

Y'all who are waiting to exhale, I feel for you and wish you the best of luck!

Up to 4 now..
GW, OUWB, TCMC (post-interview), and Penn

Still waiting to hear 3 interview decisions..so "patiently"

Members don't see this ad :)
2 interviews attended
2 acceptances
1 pre-intercview rejection
~12 silences
Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Complete late july and have 8 rejections, 4 IIs, silence from 10. Thinking that several of the schools im waiting on are silent rejections. Damn this process is humbling.

5 rejections
1 II
1 pre interview hold
13 silences
Horrible!

3 pre-secondary rejections
2 post-secondary rejection
3 pre-interview holds
1 acceptance
Silence from the other 15

6 Rejections
1 Pre-II Hold
3 II (waiting to hear back from 2)
1 Acceptance (God bless those people)
16 Silence

Reactions: 4 users
5 rejections (4 post secondary, 1 pre-secondary)
3 post-interview decisions TBA
4 II coming up
10 silence still after 4 months

Members don't see this ad :)
Do pre-interview holds count as rejections? Trolololol.

0 II
9 Rejections
1 pre-II hold
21 Silences

5 now, got the BU axe

Reactions: 1 user
1 II
6 Pre-II Rejections
1 Pre-II Hold
7 Silence

I truly hate this.

Most of the time they turn into rejections

Hoping GW does a re review of my file and realize they made a mistake not giving me an interview :)

Just got another rejection..Penn State..at 10 rejections now..can anyone beat that?

Waiting on 18. I have 2 II's this month. There are 4 reaches in there which I am sure I'll be rejected. But I have hope.

Rejected 2. 8 II's. Accepted 2. Waitlisted 1. Withdrew 9. Silence from 5.

Last edited:
Waiting on 18. I have 2 II's this month. There are 4 reaches in there which I am sure I'll be rejected. But I have hope.

Congrats! I didn't know about your 2 II!

And 18 schools is a lot of chances.. I have 17 I am still waiting to hear on

I have 1 II and I'm just hoping I get at least one more before it comes so it's less pressure. It'll be hard to contain my nerves in an all of nothing situation like that.

Just got another rejection..Penn State..at 10 rejections now..can anyone beat that?

I'm around that rejection range as well.. I've just lost count at this point.

Last edited:
1 Acceptance
4 Pre-Interview Rejects
1 Waitlist (mercy Post-Interview Reject)
1 Awaiting Results Post Interview
13 Silence
I would be lying if I wasn't thrilled about my acceptance but I would love to not attend my state school.

5 II (2 attended)
4 Rejections (all pre-interview)
0 Holds
17 Silence

No acceptances yet

Last edited:
3 rejections for me. All of them before the II. :cryi:

But you are VERY lucky to have an acceptance!!!

That's true, and I could not be more grateful, haha. Makes me much less anxious as the rejections keep rollllllling in.

I wish I knew how many rejections a successful applicant ends up with on average. I have 6 and I feel like I'm bleeding to death over here.

I've gotten a rejection every day this week, haha.

I wish I knew how many rejections a successful applicant ends up with on average. I have 6 and I feel like I'm bleeding to death over here.

Many people have over 10 rejections.

Depends on how many schools they applied to. One SDN user applied to 40 schools last cycle. If he got 5 IIs and 35 rejections, does that make him any worse than someone who applies to 20 schools and got 5 IIs and 15 rejections? (It certainly makes him spend more, but that's besides the point).

Just got my first rejection of the cycle today.

I raise you guys to 10 rejections!!! (I count pre-interview holds are rejections, because they pretty much are anyway. I stopped checking those schools and have blacked them out on my excel sheet haha)

Still sitting at 2. At the same time it's been silent for about 3 months. Slowly losing it

I think it's a wise option to apply DO as well, even if you have competitive stats for MD. I definitely wouldn't apply to 15 DO schools, but pick and choose a few based on ideal locations and run with it.

In my opinion, attending DO in a location you love is better than waiting another year for MD. At the end of the day, a great MD school may help poor board scores, but strong boards are going to match into good residencies regardless of DO or MD.

The only time I would say it isn't worth it to apply DO is if you're dead set on a top residency program in a competitive specialty. We all want top matches but realistically only ~1% of us actually fall into this category.

With almost a decade of experience in admissions, I definitely recommend that you apply to DO schools as a Plan B. As a Plan C, you may want to consider applying to Special Master's Degree Programs. As a Plan D, there are conditional acceptance postbac programs. For more information, I have written the first book ever published on the topic of alternative pathways to medical school. It's titled "The Definitive Guide to Premedical Postbaccalaureate Programs." I'm attaching the link to it here on amazon. You are always welcome to contact me for a free consultation. I have an 88% success rate of assisting clients in matriculating into medical school for last application cycle--on average, 9 out of 10 of my clients were accepted. It's all about applying to the right schools with a strategic application. I hope this is helpful! Don't lose hope. I wish you success!

3 IIs, 1 acceptance, 1 rejection, 16 silences. Applied in September to October, LM 72-74. The IIs have been to a big state school I am IS at, a smaller state school I am IS at, and a big state school out-of-state with some IS bias but not an overwhelming amount. I have strong connections to this school.

Last edited: