how many schools are you applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kies89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since i am not a strong candidate, i am planning to apply 15+ schools. most likely 20.
About 7 schools in CA.
(have not taken PCAT yet, hopefully i do well.)

I know it costs a lot, and takes a lot of work, but i just want to do whatever i can to increase my chance.

How about you guys? how many schools are you guys applying? just curious :)

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on applying to about 12 lol. I'm just hoping it costs less than 1k total

Reactions: 1 user
I'm applying to one just here close to me. I'm doing early decision which is early Sept. The adviser told me that I'll know whether I'm accepted in about two to three weeks after applying. If not accepted then I think I can apply to several schools from October to Dec.

She made me feel that I had a very good chance of getting accepted. She said my gpa is very good all I need is to shadow a pharmacist which I will do this summer. And she said a PCAT score of above 60 will be good but I'm shooting for at least 75.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying 5-6 schools. Hopefully i get into my top choice. GPA is 3.3 and my PCAT is 33rd percentile....oops

I've narrowed it down to about 12 schools, all but 1 are out of state. I've even decided to let go of my top choice. Cgpa is around a 3.2 and sGpa is around a 2.9... haven't taken my PCAT yet :whistle:. I'm hoping to keep everything under $700 including supplemental apps but I know that won't happen. Good luck!!!

I think if you apply to just one school through pharmcas it was like about $200 dollars and subsequent schools after that was about $80 each (if i remember correctly). (not including supplementals which range from like $50 - $200 depending on schools).

I think if you apply to just one school through pharmcas it was like about $200 dollars and subsequent schools after that was about $80 each (if i remember correctly). (not including supplementals which range from like $50 - $200 depending on schools).
$150 for first school, $55 for each after that and most schools I chose don't want a supplemental app. I'm budgeting about 1k for traveling costs.

This is crazy. I applied to one. If you are good, apply to a couple. If you aren't, apply to one top and a couple low tier. Don't waste all that money.

This is crazy. I applied to one. If you are good, apply to a couple. If you aren't, apply to one top and a couple low tier. Don't waste all that money.
I'm sort of uneasy with my stats so I find more comfort in going all out.

applying to maybe 1-3 schools. I have my first choice, and its always nice to have a backup...

33rd? What happened?
I happened to be one of those rare cases where no matter how much I study for a standardized test, I just don't do well. I'm hoping they overlook this weak point and focus on my stronger elements

I happened to be one of those rare cases where no matter how much I study for a standardized test, I just don't do well. I'm hoping they overlook this weak point and focus on my stronger elements
I heard that so many times.

Last edited:
I am only applying to 3 schools cause I ain't made of money lol. Ain't it like 100$ fee for each one? plus the time and money to drive for interviews. if they r out of state, thats a hefty plane ticket to do interviews. ALso how do u get a 33% composite? what were ur scores? I am sure we can help