How many schools are you waiting on?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hemorrage

Ambrose
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i've gone on 4 interviews so far but i'm still waiting to hear back from 19 other schools. Anyone in the same boat with silence from across the board?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't counted but I'm waiting on at least 10. I am chalking them up to silent rejections at this point. I might get incredibly lucky and score another 1-2 interviews, but that's doubtful.

Still waiting for post-secondary responses from 10 schools and 4 post-interview. No in-state (Cali) love, either. The silence is deafening!

Members don't see this ad :)
12 pre-interview rejections
3 pre-interview holds
13 haven't heard anything
3 interviews - 1 waitlist 2 decisions deferred

1 interview - still waiting to hear
1 - haven't heard anything (assuming silent rejection)

10 haven't heard anything
8 interview invites
6 pre-interview rejections

good luck!

4 rejections, 1 interview, still holding on 10. The wait is killing me...

2 waitlists
5 pre-interview rejections

waiting on 11 more schools

0interviews
4 rejections
2 pre interview holds
10 still waiting
:/

waiting to hear from:
18 silences
1 pre-interview holds
4 "small pools"
1 interview decision

Looks like we're all in the 10-20 silence boat.. the next few months will slowly clear all this up

7 interviews
9 rejections
22 silences (3 holds and 1 small-pool).

Secondaries submitted in July & August

Applied to 13. Down to 9. Silence at 8. 1 Interview and Waitlist (In Sept/Oct).

Applied 2 days after opening...this thing is brutal. I remember being stressed and wary back in September...now I don't know what I feel. I have begun to check my email a little less though.

5 rejections, 3 pre-interview holds, 8 interviews (2 acceptances, 2 waitlists, and 4 I'm waiting to hear from), 17 schools I've heard nada from since submitting the secondary.

5 waiting to hear back
2 interviewed, will hear back in the next couple of weeks,
1 rejection
1 interview to come! :woot:

All MD:
10 silence
10 rejections pre-interview
7 interviews: 3 accepts, 1 waitlist, 1 rejection, 2 waiting to hear

I'm waiting on ??? schools. The trick is to not even keep track. There are a few schools that I care about and stay in touch with and I know what's going on there. For all the other schools, I just let them sort it out and notify me of stuff. It is less stressful by far this way (I briefly tried caring about every school's status in the beginning of the cycle).

At the same time, I know that it's impossible to avoid thinking about it sometimes... especially if you haven't earned that first acceptance yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still waiting on 9 schools, with 3 rejections, 1 acceptance and 2 pending interviews. Had a later app though.

I'm waiting on ??? schools. The trick is to not even keep track. There are a few schools that I care about and stay in touch with and I know what's going on there. For all the other schools, I just let them sort it out and notify me of stuff. It is less stressful by far this way (I briefly tried caring about every school's status in the beginning of the cycle).

At the same time, I know that it's impossible to avoid thinking about it sometimes... especially if you haven't earned that first acceptance yet.

What did you mean by "staying in touch" with certain schools? Is it worthwhile contacting top choice schools about the status of your application other than for peace of mind?