How many students take Adderall in Pharmacy School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D1CE K

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw some guy popped two orange pills in the bathroom 20 mins before an exam. I noticed he was shaking uncontrollably as he was walking into the classroom.

Drug dealers taking C2 substances without a prescription...

Members don't see this ad.

Adderall flowed like the river Nile back in undergrad, so I'd imagine the rate is about the same. Most of my PhD-candidate friends preferred Provigil. I just stuck to Starbucks/DD, hah.

Saw some guy popped two orange pills in the bathroom 20 mins before an exam. I noticed he was shaking uncontrollably as he was walking into the classroom.

Northeastern University has one of the highest unprescribed ADHD med use rates is the country and a pharmacy program. Having worked at the closest pharmacy to campus, I can tell you that the prescribed use rate is exceptionally high as well.

Pharmacy students do really dumb things. They have this perception that because they got an A on the medchem test about a drug, that they have tamed it and have become immune to any adverse effect.

Members don't see this ad :)
You sure? It's not very difficult to get a prescription for Adderall ;)

It's nothing new or really a big deal. A lot of med students do it too.

Has anyone use things like pre-workout supplements instead? I usually get a good boost in the morning due to the high caffeine and B vitamins, but haven't tried it at night for studying yet

You know I considred myself relatively "in the know" when in school and I only know one person who said he took adderall. In med school it was a different world with one of my friends. I stick to Diet Mt Dew and excercise and was good to go

A large percentage of Pharmacy students use a stimulant of some sort. From my observation, Adderall is common, but Adrafinil and Nuvigi/Provigil are becoming much more common. Caffeine addiction is also ubiquitous.

You know I considred myself relatively "in the know" when in school and I only know one person who said he took adderall. In med school it was a different world with one of my friends. I stick to Diet Mt Dew and excercise and was good to go
I doubt you truly were "in the know" in this regard, then.

A large percentage of Pharmacy students use a stimulant of some sort. From my observation, Adderall is common, but Adrafinil and Nuvigi/Provigil are becoming much more common. Caffeine addiction is also ubiquitous.

Are those better than Adderall?

Chemically supplementing mediocrity.

Magical.

The aforementioned appears to be the natural progression of an educational system that values rote memorization over comprehension and reproducible application of material from the earliest dregs of public education.

Never needed to, nor do I ever want to.

Reactions: 1 users