How many times do you take Adderall/Ritalin a week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHAINCHOMPER

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On school weeks, I usually pop in a pill once or twice a week to worry with homework and papers and such. On weeks where I have 2 or more exams at a time, I am jacked on that stuff! I don't like the taste of coffee, and I prefer regular soda than energy drinks, so i stick to pills to get an advantage.

The article in the front page gave a great analogy: study pills are similar to steriods. They are a great way to stay up all night to study all of that science jazz.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't use pills. I just cut myself to release Endorphins becuase I'm all natural.

Members don't see this ad :)
On school weeks, I usually pop in a pill once or twice a week to worry with homework and papers and such. On weeks where I have 2 or more exams at a time, I am jacked on that stuff! I don't like the taste of coffee, and I prefer regular soda than energy drinks, so i stick to pills to get an advantage.

The article in the front page gave a great analogy: study pills are similar to steriods. They are a great way to stay up all night to study all of that science jazz.

Are you kidding? How much of it do you plan on taking? You're going to be on adderall for all of college (Several times a week), all through medical school, then what about during residency? Figure out a way to study without being jacked up on pills.

We all have "homework and papers and such" and "weeks where I have 2 or more exams at a time". Not everyone has to resort to pills to get it done.

...you know steroids aren't really very healthy either right?

Are you kidding? How much of it do you plan on taking? You're going to be on adderall for all of college (Several times a week), all through medical school, then what about during residency? Figure out a way to study without being jacked up on pills.

We all have "homework and papers and such" and "weeks where I have 2 or more exams at a time". Not everyone has to resort to pills to get it done.

I'm pretty sure the op is blowing smoke.

Dude - that's no way to live at all.

Get off that stuff, and do what everyone else in the medical community does:

1) Get up by loading up on the caffeine
2) Come down by getting loaded on the booze
3) Sleep
4) Repeat

LOL. No, but really... abusing that stuff may get you through undergrad, but medical school and beyond is going to be rough. Try to wean yourself off of it now and develop a set of study habits that works for you.

Dude - that's no way to live at all.

Get off that stuff, and do what everyone else in the medical community does:

1) Get up by loading up on the caffeine
2) Come down by getting loaded on the booze
3) Sleep
4) Repeat

LOL. No, but really... abusing that stuff may get you through undergrad, but medical school and beyond is going to be rough. Try to wean yourself off of it now and develop a set of study habits that works for you.

Seriously...what is he gonna be on down the road if he's all pilled-up during UG?

tyrone.jpg

way to go beating a dead horse.
wasn't this topic floating around recently? ;p

Wow that is sad. How are you going to handle med school and, even worse, residency?

the ddx for the OP includes sarcasm, but just thought i'd throw this thought out there - if you need stimulants to get through college/get into med school, you probably won't get thru med school even with said stimulants.

Pretty sure this is a troll. Everyone knows pre-meds ony use study drugs during finals week. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, great replies so far, but I think the OP is being real. I've come across a lot of people that use Adderall all the time to study. I myself subscribe to getting crushed on coffee when I need that little boost, but to each his own. I'll be just as dependent on my caffeine as these people will be on their pills, each with its own consequences of course. I prefer mine.

None. Never have, never will. If you can't hack med school (or anything else, for that matter) without drugs, you're on the wrong path.

Lame. Using stimulants is the same as cheating and the people who abuse them are weak. It must be sad to know that you can't make it without artificial enhancement.

There are existing threads that discuss this issue more appropriately, you may make use of those threads. This one is being closed.

If you feel the need for Pre-Med Enhancement, please discuss the issue with your healthcare professional.
bob_enzyte_guy.jpg

:lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.