How much are you paying to stay in dental school (OOS)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BabyShades

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I made this thread because I am curious of how much people pay to STAY in dental school. This includes living expense, books, instrument, tuition, and leisure time. I just want to know how accurate this is compare to the 2014 ADEA book. Especially if you are out of state!

Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

the cost of attendance is exaggerated by schools and therefore by the ADEA because schools have to take into account students with families who will be supported through loans. if you're supporting only yourself, the estimated cost of attendance should be much lower than what is listed by the school and ADEA. to figure out a relatively accurate cost of attendance, take the tuition and fees and add living expenses. depending on your preference you may buy all the textbooks or buy no textbooks at all. depending on your school, your instruments may already be calculated as a fee or tuition. loupes can cost over a thousand dollars. clubs may cost several hundred dollars.