How much better are chances as reapplicant?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Herme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if anyone knew how your chances at acceptance were at Marquette and Minnesota as a re-applicant. Do you have a greater chance at acceptance if they see you've done what they asked? Does that show them dentistry is important to you? I've spoken with both schools and gotten that list of things to improve on and have done everything they have suggested plus some-although they didn't suggest a whole lot.

Check my stats at Predent.

UMN said take a science course because my science gpa could use help, but wasn't really weak either.

Marquette said they basically were all out of interview spots by Sept 14 when they got my app, so they made me an alternate without an interview for this month (Please call!!!). :)

I added more shadowing time, took 5 credits of human histopathology with 5 A's this past summer, tweeked my personal statement a bit (in a very good way I think), and did volunteering with Habitat for Humanity.

Thank!

Members don't see this ad.

try applying to more school. you don't have a single safety school.

try applying to more school. you don't have a single safety school.

Well, this time around I applied to UMN, Marquette, Creighton, Michigan, Case Western, and Louisville. UMN and Marquette are just the only 2 that I'm a reapplicant at.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a reapplicant as well and I'll tell you that I can't speak for any adcom and I won't try but my opinion is that if you did what they asked and showed that you have proved your dedication in the previous year then that is a positive thing and cannot hurt but I doubt that makes you a shoo in. I'm wondering the same thing and I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens this year huh? Good luck this cycle!

Well, hopefully it works out for us and there is no round 3, hey!?!

You should apply to more schools that accepts a lot of people from out-of-state

You should apply to more schools that accepts a lot of people from out-of-state

Which ones would you recommend given my scores?