How much do you get pay as a CDA when you are a foreign Dentist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Moon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know how much do you get pay if you are a foreign Dentist with only having your CDA, do you can get pay more then a normal DA?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure if I understood you well. CDA is a certified dental assistant in Canada. You may get 15-25$ an hour depending on an experience and location. Being a foreign trained dentist is more a disadvantage then a plus. Dentists do not like being watched by someone, who may understand when they cut corners

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the response
I'm sorry I didn't add in U.S.A

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I do not know what to say - if you do no want to believe people with experience, it is up to you. Eventually you will confirm all , that we say.
Frankly, local dentists do not care about your experience from another country. Majority thinks that we practiced with pliers in a jungle. Only local experience as a dental assistant is valued.
If you are able to get licensed as a dental assistant, it would be better in a long run. Make sure you are not taken advantage of and only perform duties permitted by your license. In USA you would be liable for damages if something goes wrong and patient sues you.
You may know more, but you would not be payed more for it

I do not know what to say - if you do no want to believe people with experience, it is up to you. Eventually you will confirm all , that we say.

Last edited:
There is a big difference between people you talk to at the dental conference and the ones who you work for. Some are better then others, but still do not expect them to appreciate your education financially.
You may have to try several places before you would be able to work comfortably in one of them

That's true, actually if I do remember when I was an student, and I have to be a DA for some time

Last edited:
Hey @Dr. Moon can you please guide me what should I do if I want to work as a dental assistant in Georgia? I have no idea about it. Any help would be appreciated!