How much does a pharmacist make???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Argentium

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear if you move to Alaska you can make 1 million/year and you get a car and a house.

I also heard that you'll have 10 different job offers MONTHS before you graduate, each with a large 5 figure signing bonus. WOWZA!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to Alaska and made 300k/year working 7 on/off. I also got 3 week vacations, a lexus SUV, loan repayment, and all the seal meat I could hold down

A reliable source told me he was also promised free access to hookers. It's the holy trinity: steak, coke and hookers! :D

better come with a free penicillin shot...ah i'm sure medicaid will cover that

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought prostitution was illegal throughout the US except in vegas??

Alaska isn't part of the US, the Continental US just thinks it is. You get your own Alaska passport there and they have their own currency (the Palin quarter and Stevens dollar). Also being so close to Russia they maintain a military full of loose cannons (literally and figuratively)

But steak, coke and hookers is WAY better than free seal meat. I got ripped off!

Alaska isn't part of the US, the Continental US just thinks it is. You get your own Alaska passport there and they have their own currency (the Palin quarter and Stevens dollar). Also being so close to Russia they maintain a military full of loose cannons (literally and figuratively)

But steak, coke and hookers is WAY better than free seal meat. I got ripped off!

You can also see russia from your house. another bonus :thumbup:

What kind of hookers are we talking about though? I have a taste for high class women... None of this roll down the street and yell out of your window crap.

What kind of hookers are we talking about though? I have a taste for high class women... None of this roll down the street and yell out of your window crap.

like kristen dupre

I thought prostitution was illegal throughout the US except in vegas??

not vegas...prostitution is ok OUTSIDE of las vegas (in the boonies) just not in the city limits/clark county; also, i think some random place like New Hampshire allows prostitution in some limited form.

just FYI..hahaha :smuggrin:

Haha you guys are actually going to make some poor schmuck move to Alaska with astronomically high expectations.

Mean from what I've heard Alaska does offer some good incentives (bonuses, maybe a car, etc.) but does it really get any more extravagant than that? I just don't know where the sarcasm ends and the truth begins haha.

Haha you guys are actually going to make some poor schmuck move to Alaska with astronomically high expectations.

Mean from what I've heard Alaska does offer some good incentives (bonuses, maybe a car, etc.) but does it really get any more extravagant than that? I just don't know where the sarcasm ends and the truth begins haha.

A pharmacist at work told me (and please believe me, I am not joking) that she heard pharmacists in Alaska could make serious bank. Now I don't know what to think. I was tempted to ask if she had heard that on SDN.

But Alaska is part of the 50 states in US.

If Alaska has its own separate passport, does that mean it's possible to migrate to Alaska alone? (i.e. state migration)

And with regards to the currency - your own day dream?:laugh:

but alaska is part of the 50 states in us.

If alaska has its own separate passport, does that mean it's possible to migrate to alaska alone? (i.e. State migration)

and with regards to the currency - dead serious?? Time for wiki!:laugh:

woosh!

HA, this is a private message I received, I removed the name to protect this innocent (naive). I hope they didn't get the plane ticket yet

On the forum you stated that you got 300K/year you also mentioned few more advantages like vacations,suv etc
What is the cost of living like rents over there?Do they provide you accomodation?What are other cons of working in Alaska?
Can you please tell
Thanks

HA, this is a private message I received, I removed the name to protect this innocent (naive). I hope they didn't get the plane ticket yet

THANKS FOR BURSTING MY BUBBLE ASSHAT :mad::mad::mad:

i bought $300k in rock cocaine on credit and now you're saying i can't pay the guy back???!?!? :scared:

omg lol...is this some sort of joke or what?

Maybe this fella watched too much of the American Pie-type movies?

It's a big joke, yes. Search alaska on here. You'll see.

$1 million dollars for 3 years, baby. The Alaskan goldmine.

---

Everybody believed that **** back in like 2004. But then again, in 2004, they really were leasing pharmacists BWMs and paying off their student loans...

My preceptor was telling me about a job in a border town that paid 3x a retail pharmacist's salary for only 36 hours of work a week (3 twelve hour shifts). "Bilingual" preferred. I wish I was graduating this year because she probably could have hooked me up with it. Work there for 2 years and pay everything off!.. Oh, and it is an ambulatory position/clinic with ability to get prescribing rights. Damn timing.

As someone who just took a job in Alaska (thank God!) I can tell you these so called "incentives" are a joke. Yes I did get relocation benefits, but that is up to $10k and thats it. Have to sign up for 3 years to get it (Which I had no problem doing since I love Alaska, its a 9-5 job with no weekends, and it saves me from the horror of retail).

I can also tell you that Walgreens will offer their "interns" a $5k bonus for relocating, pay for the move of household goods and 1 car (you get $10k if you own a house). The downside to that is obvious....you work for satan.

Oh and btw, it counts as "income" so the govt will take a huge chunk....

$1 million dollars for 3 years, baby. The Alaskan goldmine.

---

Everybody believed that **** back in like 2004. But then again, in 2004, they really were leasing pharmacists BWMs and paying off their student loans...
Back in 2004 I knew a guy who was getting flown up there to work during the summer. They would pay for his flight and lodging, plus an above normal wage. Then, they would pay for more lodging while he had play time up there. I'm pretty sure it was with fish and not hookers. Now, that kind of lure is gone.

Which border town??? This sounds interesting and too good to be true...any idea what company???

Hello Friends,
I think this a very Healthy Discussion about "How much pharmacist will make"... My personal opinion about this topic is like, If anybody can do a hard work then it's possible to make millions of dollars in this Pharmacy Business. Good Discussion.....

Thanks!

Hello Friends,
I think this a very Healthy Discussion about "How much pharmacist will make"... My personal opinion about this topic is like, If anybody can do a hard work then it's possible to make millions of dollars in this Pharmacy Business. Good Discussion.....

Thanks!
Not sure if troll. Every post this fella makes says something about the thread in a robotic (although flawed) sort of way. I think he's a spambot prototype.