How much does Step 2 CK matter after matching?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gryphes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A fourth year here. Already matched to a great program in the region I was looking into...but today I received my step 2 CK score.

I bombed it. My step 1 was high 240s. This time around with Step 2, low 220s. No excuse - I didn't study whole lot, partly because of lack of motivation. But now I feel a bit of regret, wondering if this would impact me in anyway for future fellowship and job placement.

Honest feedback from senior residents/fellows/attendings who have already done the whole job search process would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

When you want to look for a job in 6-7 years they will look at your step 2 score and they will give the job to someone who has a 270+ score. More importantly, if you want to change your job in 20 years, they will ask you to send them your scores.

Just kidding.

Your step 1, step 2 and step 3 scores have ZERO impact from now on. And ZERO means even not 0.000000001.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's like asking if residency programs care about your MCAT.

So no, radiology fellowships and subsequently job opportunities when you are fully licensed probably won't care either. If they do, it would be ridiculous. Like I said, that would be like a residency program caring about your MCAT score.

Thanks a bunch for everyone's reply. At least now I can enjoy my rest of the fourth year before real job begins!