How much improvement in 3 weeks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raynor123456

MS3
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've had a rough year due to some personal and health issues :( Its left me very, very, very far behind. I'm typically a high scorer, but this year I got brutalized since I had no time to study. Luckily, things are back on track now. Any later and I might have had to repeat some classes o_0

I took the UWorld Self Assessment 1 today and I got a 200. Not a stellar score, but given how far behind I am on my MS2 material I was actually pleased because I was expecting to fail it miserably and then beg my dean for an extension. Having said that, I'd love to at least get an average score so that I can be somewhat competitive for IM programs.

So my question to those of you who have finished Step 1 already is this: For someone who is a pretty quick learner, how much improvement is reasonable in the final 3 weeks of study?

Thanks so much for entertaining my curiosity / hopes. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

You can expect quite a bit of improvement. Just stick to the basics--FA and uworld and you should be able to make a big jump quickly.

I haven't even gotten to the FA general principles portion (I started with the Organ systems), so hopefully I can get through that quick o_0 too much to do in too little time *sigh*