how much money does a pharmacist earn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mabt29

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i wanna learn that how much money does a pharmacist earn average amount in usa?

Members don't see this ad.

Varies depending on what field of pharmacy: retail, clinical, industry..etc. but generally a $100K is the going rate...

hi i wanna learn that how much money does a pharmacist earn average amount in usa?

i think someone invented the search button not too long ago, i'm not sure. i still personally use the pony express for communication.

Members don't see this ad :)
not enouph

(just playing with the words :laugh:)

sorry but i'm from TURKEY and my english is not good. how much does pharmacist earn in retail pharmacy? and is $100K equal 100.000 dollar?

sorry but i'm from TURKEY and my english is not good. how much does pharmacist earn in retail pharmacy? and is $100K equal 100.000 dollar?

Spelled out that would be one hundred thousand dollars. "K" is a common American colloquial abbreviation for "thousand."

Someone here quoted $55 per hour at CVS (a retail pharmacy chain in the US). This equates to $120,000 US Dollars per year if you work 42 hours per week.

Since you're in Turkey, this amounts to approximately 144,229 Turkish New Lira

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know why I am!!! I think this is where the mods need to earn their keep.

Questions to be forever banned from SDN:

1.) Kinetics questions.

2.) How much does a pharmacist really make?

3.) Which is the best chain pharmacy to work for?

4.) Do pharmacists use the title Doctor?

I think as soon as one of these questions is posted a mod should delete it and send the poster a nice message on how to use the search function.

I don't know why I am!!! I think this is where the mods need to earn their keep.

Questions to be forever banned from SDN:

1.) Kinetics questions.

2.) How much does a pharmacist really make?

3.) Which is the best chain pharmacy to work for?

4.) Do pharmacists use the title Doctor?

I think as soon as one of these questions is posted a mod should delete it and send the poster a nice message on how to use the search function.

Back off the kinetics buster - I like those:smuggrin:

I'd agree with the other 3 oh and how about

Is clinical better than retail?:mad: I really HATE this one!

Why are people so impatient waiting for their medications?:rolleyes:duh!

And my personal favorite.....Is it worth it to become a pharmacist?

Valid questions when asked once, twice and even perhaps updated on an annual basis (ding, ding, ding - mods - update the FAQS)....but, they get tiresome on here time after time.

Also, perhaps the mods need to ask Santa for a better search engine. One which might search by topic, key word, poster (oh & link poster names together;)). That might be too big a gift to fit in Santa's sack.

What about pharmacist salaries in Canada? It seems they are pretty much like in the US? Especially with CAD$ going up

With taxes---it's like $70-80. Less than that. Cuz you get tax on your paycheck and you get tax again when your doing your tax returns. Tax on your paycheck is over 30% in NYS.

With taxes---it's like $70-80. Less than that. Cuz you get tax on your paycheck and you get tax again when your doing your tax returns. Tax on your paycheck is over 30% in NYS.

Stick to pharmacy, as accounting and taxes are not your specialty. Taxes are withheld from every pay check based on the selections YOU choose on your W-4 form. They are supposed to match what you anticipate your tax bill to be at the end of the tax year. On April 15, you settle up with the Government and fill out your tax form and calculate the tax you owe. You subtract the amount withheld and if it is more than you owe, you get a refund and if it is less than you owe, you have to pay more, you are NOT taxed again. If you owe a great deal, it's not the fault of the IRS, it's your fault for poor planning and you should adjust your deductions so you do not repeat the process next year....

Stick to pharmacy, as accounting and taxes are not your specialty. Taxes are withheld from every pay check based on the selections YOU choose on your W-4 form. They are supposed to match what you anticipate your tax bill to be at the end of the tax year. On April 15, you settle up with the Government and fill out your tax form and calculate the tax you owe. You subtract the amount withheld and if it is more than you owe, you get a refund and if it is less than you owe, you have to pay more, you are NOT taxed again. If you owe a great deal, it's not the fault of the IRS, it's your fault for poor planning and you should adjust your deductions so you do not repeat the process next year....

I thought you said stick to pharmacy not financial advice?:D

I thought you said stick to pharmacy not financial advice?:D

Touche, but that is not financial advise it's an explanation of the tax system..... unless you are speaking about:
you should adjust your deductions so you do not repeat the process next year

but I consider that common sense.....