How Much Physics 2 on 2015 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JPSmyth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking the MCAT either in April or May of next year, but I will be taking Physics II while studying during that semester. Would it be wise to take it in April, with still 1 month worth of Physics II material to learn? (This would make my application process easier, ensuring that I get my app in on time by June 1) I am leaning towards taking it in April.

Or should I wait until late May to take it, 3 weeks after the semester ends? (I'm only taking Physics II that semester)

Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

I'll let you know in a few days lol (I'm in physics 2 and taking the test saturday)
Most of the material you will need to know for the MCAT is covered by the 10th week of the semester in my opinion. There may be a question or two if you're unlucky. Seems to me that fluids, electricity/circuits, and light/waves are the most important. My class got done with light around week 10. Might vary class to class though.

Reactions: 1 user
I plan on taking the MCAT either in April or May of next year, but I will be taking Physics II while studying during that semester. Would it be wise to take it in April, with still 1 month worth of Physics II material to learn? (This would make my application process easier, ensuring that I get my app in on time by June 1) I am leaning towards taking it in April.

Or should I wait until late May to take it, 3 weeks after the semester ends? (I'm only taking Physics II that semester)

Thanks guys
Based on this.......http://nextsteptestprep.com/2014/08/21/what-you-actually-need-to-study-for-the-new-mcat/

I think Physics II and Organic Chemistry II could be considered optional in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
I'll let you know in a few days lol (I'm in physics 2 and taking the test saturday)
Most of the material you will need to know for the MCAT is covered by the 10th week of the semester in my opinion. There may be a question or two if you're unlucky. Seems to me that fluids, electricity/circuits, and light/waves are the most important. My class got done with light around week 10. Might vary class to class though.

thank you, and good luck on your exam!

Members don't see this ad :)
Studying electricity and magnetism now.

I hate this stuff with a seething passion.

With that being said, Physics is probably the LEAST important subject for the new MCAT, if one considers strength in Organic chemistry correlates to strength in biochem

Reactions: 1 user
Studying electricity and magnetism now.

I hate this stuff with a seething passion.

With that being said, Physics is probably the LEAST important subject for the new MCAT, if one considers strength in Organic chemistry correlates to strength in biochem
I agree, considering there is only 14-15 questions that are physics related...it is sort of difficult to see the value in going all out studying physics. I would agree its the least important for the new MCAT and someone who is motivated could probably review enough Physics I/II on their own without taking the course and still do just fine.