How Much Would It Cost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pupsingh

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
to apply to every single dental school in America?

and with a 3.2 overall gpa and 3.03 bcp gpa, 20/18/18 dat would u say its likely for this person to get into at least 1 of these fifty or so schools?

Members don't see this ad.

only if you apply early. And have good ec's, and have good lor's, and have good shadow hours, and have perfect teeth. It would cost too much for the average joe, I would guess around 6500 for just aadsas alone.

and with a 3.2 overall gpa and 3.03 bcp gpa, 20/18/18 dat would u say its likely for this person to get into at least 1 of these fifty or so schools?

please don't waste your money like that.....be smart...

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
yea thats not a good idea.. but there is a fee schedule in aadsas that would tell u

Do the research and weed out schools you KNOW you can't/won't do (financially wise maybe, or schools you feel don't fit your expectations). I didn't do the research off the bat and I wasted a good grand on applications alone. I definitely regret wasting the money, but now that it's said and done, I can advise you to not do that with your time and money!! If you haven't applied yet, get cranking. Classes are filling up quickly with the acceptances schools have sent out!

hahah it would be funny b/c at least one of your interviewers is bound to ask where else you applied...i wonder if anyone's ever done it before

dont wast ur money.. apply to 5 to 10 schools.

I applied to 10, now i look at the list, and realized like 4-5 of them were just a waste of money i could have spent like $500 less... damn

dont wast ur money.. apply to 5 to 10 schools.

I applied to 10, now i look at the list, and realized like 4-5 of them were just a waste of money i could have spent like $500 less... damn

SERIOUSLY same here...ps do you own an M3 it's my dream car :D

yea dude dont apply to all the schools...i mean right off the bat schools like howard and meharry are historically geared towards minorities. So unless youare, there's 2 right off the bat. Some schools are all about numbers...that wont give you a chance with like less than a 22 and 3.5+. So just research it, apply to maybe 10 schools. I was stupid and applied to like 14 and had 5 pre-dec 1st interviews w/ stats like urs (better GPA, similar DAT's)..got 4 waitlists and 1 acceptance. I know it freaks you out now thinking "oh my god I have to spread out my applications all over the country"..but trust what the people here are saying...you dont need to go that nuts with it.

hehe... 50+ schools... good one. i don't think your chances really get much better after about 20... which by all means is still a lot of schools and money when you factor in "secondary" fees.

keep in mind the cost of attending interviews as well. my plan for next cycle is to apply to about 15 schools (AADSAS $985, Secondary ~$750) see what kind of response i get for interview invites, and go to about five (travel/hotels $1000) if i'm invited to that many.

so that would be about $2750 for the cycle, not including DAT report cards, and other expenses that I'm not counting on. so let's say $3-3.25K for all costs, which i don't think is too bad for playing it relatively safe. 20 schools/7 interviews i'm guessing would cost all in all about $4K.

you can PROBABLY get in by applying to only 5-10 school, but if you can afford it, why not spend the extra bucks? nothing is certain when applying to d school!

According to the AADSAS to apply to all 54 dental school it would cost $2085. That isn't including the fee to send your DAT scores to all 54 schools, and paying the secondary fee of 35-75 dollars per school. Ontop of it all of of the required secondary applications you would have to fill out, that would be a b*tch.
I applied to 13 schools and waisted money, around 10 schools should be enough if you know what to look for.

I have heard of people who apply to med school applying to all 150+ med schools previously. On top of that they didnt get in.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

According to the AADSAS to apply to all 54 dental school it would cost $2085. That isn't including the fee to send your DAT scores to all 54 schools, and paying the secondary fee of 35-75 dollars per school. Ontop of it all of of the required secondary applications you would have to fill out, that would be a b*tch.
I applied to 13 schools and waisted money, around 10 schools should be enough if you know what to look for.

I have heard of people who apply to med school applying to all 150+ med schools previously. On top of that they didnt get in.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:eek: you have got to be kidding!

That's ridiculous (about applying to all med schools...or maybe even all dental schools). I would actually say that would hurt your application. Even if this is not true about you one bit the schools may think: 1) you are desperate and are just trying to get in SOMEWHERE as opposed to selling yourself as having a specific interest in a school (schools like it when you come in knowing exactly why you applied to them), 2) you don't know what you want as each school offers something different, 3) you're nonchalant with money and it's nothing to you to plunk down a few thousand, 4) the whole process is a joke to you.

As I said, I am NOT saying this is true about you. I'm just saying what the schools may THINK if they see that (they tend to know where people apply). I would strongly advise against applying to all the schools.

aren't there some schools who only accept in state students? it would be pointless to apply to those...you can knock some off there....go to predents.com and look at the numbers at the diff. dental schools
-ld

That's ridiculous (about applying to all med schools...or maybe even all dental schools). I would actually say that would hurt your application. Even if this is not true about you one bit the schools may think: 1) you are desperate and are just trying to get in SOMEWHERE as opposed to selling yourself as having a specific interest in a school (schools like it when you come in knowing exactly why you applied to them), 2) you don't know what you want as each school offers something different, 3) you're nonchalant with money and it's nothing to you to plunk down a few thousand, 4) the whole process is a joke to you.

As I said, I am NOT saying this is true about you. I'm just saying what the schools may THINK if they see that (they tend to know where people apply). I would strongly advise against applying to all the schools.

Good points! :thumbup: It is common to be asked at interviews which other schools you've applied to, and they have access to that info whenever they want.

I agree with the opinion that if you have the money and aren't sure, up to 20 would be fine. After that, you don't increase your chances.