How much would you delay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothpaste2006

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
i had registered to write the DAT on august 15th but now I am pushing it later to september last week or mid september because i am getting nervous with organic chemistry. If I take it in September 20th, my scores wont be there till october 20th or so. I think thats late, right? I have my last year's scores at:
PAT: 13,
RC: 17
BIO: 18
Chem 20
QR 29

GPA SCI: 3.46
GPA BCP: 3.43
GPA non science 3.79
Overall GPA 3.54
lots of EC, medical research, etc etc.

should I just submit the scores from my last DAT or should I wait till october to get in the new scores? I am really torn between the two. Is it possible to submit my scores to some schools and not the rest?
Much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't do it that late... Unless you were applying for next year.

Also I think you should say take the DAT, not write it. I know your probably from Canada, but its really wierd to see someone say write it when its allready written. Maybe its just my personal opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did the dental forums turn into the English forums?

no body has answered my question yet... apologies for the grammar mistakes but can someone help me out here.

Do exactly as I say:

Submit your application right now. Along with your scores. In the app say that you are retaking and then retake it asap.

You know Oct is late you don't need to ask us. By then most interview spots are scheduled.
Maybe you needed to hear it from someone else...?

Take it in 2 weeks and study hard for the next 2 weeks.

Yeah, i think oct is toooo late in the cycle. i called some of the schools I am interested in, they suggested i do the same. Some even said they would take my unofficial scores but offcourse will hold off on a decision to interview till they get my official ones. I guess that is the best I can do to send in my old scores.

What is the lowest PAT score you guys heard of for someone who got in?
thanks

Do exactly as I say:

Submit your application right now. Along with your scores. In the app say that you are retaking and then retake it asap.

You know Oct is late you don't need to ask us. By then most interview spots are scheduled.
Maybe you needed to hear it from someone else...?

Take it in 2 weeks and study hard for the next 2 weeks.

I'd do as what 1992Corolla said.
If you're just worried about Organic chem. I think you can do it in 2-3 weeks, especially considering the fact that you've been exposed to the material, took the DAT last year. You'll be surprised how much of the stuff you actuallly retain.. My case, before getting started on organic chem, i dreaded it just because i hadn't had it since sphomore year. But after 3 weeks of intense organic chem, it became one of my strongest areas.. Don't let it overwhelm you, you can do it.

Good luck to you!