How often do MD/DO schools change course-work requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tdod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How often do MD/DO schools change course-work requirements? I aks b/c I want to graduate early, but if to do so would mean that I won't be able to take physiology. Although I just saw that only about 3 or 4 MD/DO schools require physio, I am worried a/b the possibility that the number may change in the next 2-3 years.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How often do MD/DO schools change course-work requirements? I aks b/c I want to graduate early, but if to do so would mean that I won't be able to take physiology. Although I just saw that only about 3 or 4 MD/DO schools require physio, I am worried a/b the possibility that the number may change in the next 2-3 years.

Thanks!

Schools that require physio are most definitely weird state schools, because physio isn't a requirement in general. Don't know how DO schools work so I'm out. The crucial classes you must focus on are English, general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, intro biology, calculus/stats, biochemistry, sociology and psychology. Once you got them, you're good. These reqs won't change. Rest all depends on what you get from the MSAR.