How often do you prescribe antibiotics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rarely prescribe anbx, and most of the time I'd send the script with a note "Do not fill before xx/xx/xxxx". I have hand-outs about anbx resistance and most patients are understanding as long as you prescribe something. So like most of you I write for Flonase, NeilMed Sinus Rinse, cough syrup or analgesics.

A lot of people only want a note for work so I started having my nurse ask if they needed a work note. That simple question shortens visits considerably.

I just started working at a methadone/buprenorphine clinic so I'm thinking my anbx days are coming to an end.

Members don't see this ad.

Rarely prescribe anbx, and most of the time I'd send the script with a note "Do not fill before xx/xx/xxxx". I have hand-outs about anbx resistance and most patients are understanding as long as you prescribe something. So like most of you I write for Flonase, NeilMed Sinus Rinse, cough syrup or analgesics.

A lot of people only want a note for work so I started having my nurse ask if they needed a work note. That simple question shortens visits considerably.

I just started working at a methadone/buprenorphine clinic so I'm thinking my anbx days are coming to an end.

You are a brave soul..

Love delsym. It does work and actually lasts longer than 4 hours. However I get "it's not covered by my insurance and I can't afford it". In which I follow up with "how many packs of cigs are you smoking a day now".

If they're coughing, I almost always offer Tussionex. If they didn't like you before, they'll like you later. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You are a brave soul..

It's pretty great so far! We aren't one of those clinics that allows patients to do whatever they want; we are actually aiming for rehabilitation. We have so many resources and support it's unbelievable. I like the hours, the patients, the pay. We'll see how I feel about it in a few months, but right now it's a million times better than working for a place that doesn't give two ****s about patients.

It's pretty great so far! We aren't one of those clinics that allows patients to do whatever they want; we are actually aiming for rehabilitation. We have so many resources and support it's unbelievable. I like the hours, the patients, the pay. We'll see how I feel about it in a few months, but right now it's a million times better than working for a place that doesn't give two ****s about patients.
My urban experience was at one of PCOM's centers where 2 physicians wrote for suboxone. I watched enough men pee in a cup to dissuade me from ever doing that again (even if we had bathrooms with water shutoff).

My urban experience was at one of PCOM's centers where 2 physicians wrote for suboxone. I watched enough men pee in a cup to dissuade me from ever doing that again (even if we had bathrooms with water shutoff).

We have staff that do that!
I write Suboxone, too.

Many common infections are caused by germs called viruses. Antibiotic medicines do not kill viruses. Also, many infections caused by germs called bacteria do not need antibiotics. This is why antibiotics are not prescribed for many infections.

Many common infections are caused by germs called viruses. Antibiotic medicines do not kill viruses. Also, many infections caused by germs called bacteria do not need antibiotics. This is why antibiotics are not prescribed for many infections.

Wikipedia...? :rolleyes: