How often to send a letter of intent?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyro45

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I interviewed at a school on March 1. On April 18th I was waitlisted (apparently they have a lot of waitlist movement and a lot of people get in off the waitlist). On April 29th (four days ago) I sent Letter of Intent detailing why I want to get into this school. Yesterday a few people on SDN started getting in off the waitlist. I have another letter of intent ready to go, as well as a new letter of recommendation, and a new update letter.

How often should I send these? One a week?

I really want to send in this new letter of intent soon because it talks about diversity, a trait that this school really values, and one that I forgot to mention during my interview, but I have a lot of it.

So I want the to see this letter ASAP, but I also don't want to be annoying. WHAT DO I DO?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you do a search of this very topic? If not do one now. But for heavens sake don't send a second letter four days after your initial letter.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Stop. You already sent in one letter of intent. That's enough, they know you want to go to their school. Leave them alone now, unless you have a significant update.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should send one less LOI than you currently have. For all that is holy please don't send another one and put yourself two over the ideal amount...

Lol. Lots of conflicting info on SDN. Good to know.

The correct number of LoIs to send is zero to one. for the vast majority of people who send them it won't be any help. Sending multiple LoIs will almost certianlly hurt you (it makes you seem needy and desperate)

Lol. Lots of conflicting info on SDN. Good to know.

If you think the info on SDN is conflicted on this topic you haven't been reading the right posts by the right people.

Reactions: 1 user