How old can experiences in your app be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PakiMDDreamer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
At what point are experiences/activities relevant to your application? Is it right at the start of college? Does the summer before college count at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Mostly at the start of college. But some activities that start that summer, especially if they are continued into college, may deserve mention.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Activities should be during college. I included that I started before college but continued throughout college. If you didn't do a significant amount of the activity during college, you probably should not include it.

I'd like to give different advice -- I had significant shadowing experiences during the last semester of high school (approx. 100 hours) and listed it on AMCAS. I think it really depends on what the experience is, the depth of the experience, and how much you gained from it, even if it did not extend into college.

Reactions: 1 users
At what point are experiences/activities relevant to your application? Is it right at the start of college? Does the summer before college count at all?
Anything starting after HS graduation is fine to include, as is anything during HS that continued into the college years. Artistic endeavors and hobbies that began during childhood and continued into college are fair game as well.

Reactions: 1 users