How Representative Is

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkDorian

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How representative are the passages/tests in ExamKrackers 101 Verbal. I was wondering because I was doing those and saw my score improve and I just did the TPR Cracking 3 full length test and my score dropped drastically. I was just wondering how the examkrackers 101 verbal passages were in preparing people for the verbal section on the real MCAT

Members don't see this ad.

My MCAT wasn't very similar to EK101. I don't think any prep company really gets it right. The question stems are similar on the real thing (albeit worded a tad differently), but the real MCAT seemed more straight-forward than the crap EK101 throws at you.

Reactions: 1 user
My MCAT wasn't very similar to EK101. I don't think any prep company really gets it right. The question stems are similar on the real thing (albeit worded a tad differently), but the real MCAT seemed more straight-forward than the crap EK101 throws at you.

Oh awesome, so would you say that you found the real verbal to be easier than the examkrackers verbal?

Oh awesome, so would you say that you found the real verbal to be easier than the examkrackers verbal?

I thought my VR section was relatively straight forward. I averaged ~10-11 on EK101, not sure how I did on my actual test yet though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought real thing was little more straightforward too... but yet again, maybe EK101 prepared us well for test day. who knows...

How representative are the passages/tests in ExamKrackers 101 Verbal. I was wondering because I was doing those and saw my score improve and I just did the TPR Cracking 3 full length test and my score dropped drastically. I was just wondering how the examkrackers 101 verbal passages were in preparing people for the verbal section on the real MCAT

Prep companies fail when it comes to VR. They help you in exposure and getting in the right mindset, but you will see when you take the practice CBT's that they are pretty different. EASIER too.

CBT's aren't always easier (I have come across some easier test prep material). Moreover, this is not verbal specific. Kaplan physics, imo, tends to be quite more challenging than AAMC. I believe testing companies do this on purpose.

At the end of the day, CBT verbal may be a little easier, but it is still has a pretty low average score with lowest amount of students scoring above 12 for that section.

Dont trust the hype about EK verbal on this website. It's not even close to the real thing.
Even AAMC verbal is not really representative of the real thing.. but it is the closest.