How serious would oustanding prerequisites jeopardize application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickygeli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows about it? Some programs allow 2 outstandings, others require "most" science courses completed.

If I have 3 science courses outstanding, do I still have chance to be admitted to those "most science courses" program? THX!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
2-3 is usually the cut off for the schools I apolled to. But you should call the schools you're interested in and ask. You don't want to waste app money if you don't know for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
2-3 is usually the cut off for the schools I apolled to. But you should call the schools you're interested in and ask. You don't want to waste app money if you don't know for sure.

Thanks both of you!

If a school does accept 3, but it will harm the application for sure. I am wondering how significantly it affects.

Thanks both of you!

If a school does accept 3, but it will harm the application for sure. I am wondering how significantly it affects.
Oh gotcha, in my opinion if you have a good GPA I would assume that the adcom will be lenient and give you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't have problems with those outstanding classes. I don't think having 2-3 prereqs to take would hurt the application but then again I'm an applicant and don't really know what goes on when the adcom convenes so....

Oh gotcha, in my opinion if you have a good GPA I would assume that the adcom will be lenient and give you the benefit of the doubt that you wouldn't have problems with those outstanding classes. I don't think having 2-3 prereqs to take would hurt the application but then again I'm an applicant and don't really know what goes on when the adcom convenes so....

Agreed.

I just had a meeting with an PT admissions advisor for a transcript review. She said it's common to have outstanding pre-reqs when one applies, but she also said it would be best to have all terms of physics and A&P done. This would give a more complete picture of how you will do if accepted. I'll just have chem to do when I apply. Just present yourself in the best and strongest light possible, and perhaps go and get a transcript review yourself.

I just had a meeting with an PT admissions advisor for a transcript review. She said it's common to have outstanding pre-reqs when one applies, but she also said it would be best to have all terms of physics and A&P done. This would give a more complete picture of how you will do if accepted. I'll just have chem to do when I apply. Just present yourself in the best and strongest light possible, and perhaps go and get a transcript review yourself.

Thanks! It made me feel better :)