How should I go about this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorRobert

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so I just joined about a week ago, proceeded to stalk a bunch of threads incessantly, and just now thought of my first post.

I need some MCAT studying advice...and I have a few questions:confused:

I'm currently a sophomore and I intend on taking the MCAT the spring or summer before I apply (2013). My question is when should I start studying? I don't like the idea of studying a lot during school, and I think this summer would probably be a good time to start. But to what extent should I study? Should I go all out even though I'm starting nearly a year in advance, or should I take it slow and save the intense studying for next winter and closer to the exam? Also, what studying materials should I buy?

Thank you in advance for ANY help.

Members don't see this ad.

OK so I just joined about a week ago, proceeded to stalk a bunch of threads incessantly, and just now thought of my first post.

I'm currently a sophomore and I intend on taking the MCAT the spring or summer before I apply (2013). My question is when should I start studying? I don't like the idea of studying a lot during school, and I think this summer would probably be a good time to start. But to what extent should I study? Should I go all out even though I'm starting nearly a year in advance, or should I take it slow and save the intense studying for next winter and closer to the exam? Also, what studying materials should I buy?

You're a sophomore and you are planning to start med school in 2013? Are you finishing junior and senior year in 1 year or something?

You can follow SN2 schedule... It's pretty popular here!
and I would recommend TBR's stuff

Read the 30+ study tips thread and SN2ed's schedule. That should give you some idea as to how much time you'll want to study. As far as materials, I really don't think it matters. I used EK and thought it was great, but everyone has their own opinion.

You're a sophomore and you are planning to start med school in 2013? Are you finishing junior and senior year in 1 year or something?

No I just meant apply in 2013, which would be the end of my junior year.