How to Ace An Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angela1234

Still Looking for Work
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips or tricks to doing your best on an interview?
I have gotten so few interviews over the past few weeks due to there being few jobs if any.
I always do my best on each interview, and I have 2 years of experience. I look up the website of the company and ask pertinent questions, but I have never gotten a job. For entry level positions for a floater at grocery chains and Walgreens, they have been asking advanced questions such as about MTM and other programs that people who haven't worked for that company would even have used!
Does anyone have any advice for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Those are some weird interview questions. I have probably been on 8 to 10 different interviews (phone and in person) in the last few months, and almost all of the questions have been behavioral-type questions, with a few questions about stuff on my CV thrown in. But some places didn't even ask about my CV or experience and focused solely on behavioral questions.

Could you post some examples of some model answers in your opinion? I could use any advice, I just need to get hired somewhere so I can have some income.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would read an interview 101 book. Sounds stupid I know, but they do help focus your ability to sell yourself. I feel as if it really helped me. I refer back to one book in particular: 60 Seconds and You're Hired by Robin Ryan. Hope this helps!

To the person asking OP: No jobs in my area.
The interview I had a few days ago, I would be a sincere answer, and then the interviewer would say afterwards, "what I was looking for was...." Am I supposed to be a mind reader?

The interview I had a few days ago, I would be a sincere answer, and then the interviewer would say afterwards, "what I was looking for was...." Am I supposed to be a mind reader?

Can you give me an example of some of the questions?

give us more info

The right answer is that you really want to live in whatever ****ty town you're interviewing for, and that you want to be in management.