How to be more competitive??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stephilosphy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:(I just took GRE test, and it was 1200.

My situation is:

GPA: 3.4
GRE: 1200
Hours: only 60+ in acute care hospital and private clinic so far.:eek:

I don't think it is good enough. So how can I boost up my application?

Thank you

I'm going to apply: USC, Loma Linda, Northwestern, Columbia, CMU.....

Members don't see this ad.

I think your stats look great. Many schools have a minimum requirement for number of observation hours and like to see those hours spread among at least three areas of PT.

The schools I have talked to said they don't add any more weight to hours in excess of the requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree....your GRE is VERY good. Your GPA is competitive so I wouldn't worry. If those schools require letters of reccomendation, build some solid relationships with PTs/professors/employers, etc. and get some great letters!

no need to get your panties in a bunch. there are schools out there that will accept you. whether this means you'll make a good pt or not is another question, but if you're concerned about getting accepted, i wouldn't worry too much

Hope you're wealthy...those are some damn expensive schools that you've chosen to apply to.

You look like you're in a really good position. Honestly though, don't fret so much about those kinda things. Focus on writing a really good personal statement. That's what's going to set you apart even if people have better stats than you.

i just submitted my application yesterday, so nervous

:(I just took GRE test, and it was 1200.

My situation is:

GPA: 3.4
GRE: 1200
Hours: only 60+ in acute care hospital and private clinic so far.:eek:

I don't think it is good enough. So how can I boost up my application?

Thank you

I'm going to apply: USC, Loma Linda, Northwestern, Columbia, CMU.....
Stats look good. Definitely competitive. More observation hours wouldn't hurt, same with great letters of recommendation. But still, nothing to be worried about. (IMO)