How to describe intercollegiate athletics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DazeN11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I've been searching for threads on the same topic, but I can't find anything.

I cannot figure out how I'm supposed to describe intercollegiate athletics for my application.

I played softball at a nationally ranked junior college through the NJCAA. Obviously, we practiced every day, played about 6 games a week in season, and did study tables (required study hours) and some work in the community. Am I supposed to describe this? My role on the team was more involved with helping my teammates and working extremely hard. I would help them with class work and probably prevented a lot of them from failing classes. I also worked extremely hard in practice and would go above and beyond. I injured myself during our season and had to deal with this over the year. I eventually quit because I was never the same after my injury.

What of this is important? I feel as though a lot of this is obvious, but I also don't really understand what is necessary for this experience description.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds so strange to me to explain that we practiced and everything. But, okay. I'm over thinking this!

Consider something like "dedicated x hours to x, y, and z." It'll show just how big a commitment it was (like a full time job!) and tells what you did without using a lot of space.