How to document credits in AACOMAS app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redwings54

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school didnt follow the traditional 3 and 4 credits method for crediting classes. Instead, all classes counted as one credit whether it was a 3 hour a week dance class or a orgo class that met for three hours in lecture and four hours in lab. I even have some classes that met for 8 hours that I only got one credit for. My question is whether I put down one credit for each class like my college does or if I should assign 4 credits to my math and science courses and three to all the rest? Should I leave it for AACOMAS to decide how to weigh them once they get my transcript? Also, how would this affect my GPA if some classes are weighed more than others and how can I calculate it then? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are supposed to list them as it appears on your transcript. My undergrad school gave 4 semester units for a full class. I took few courses at another school that gave 1 semester unit for a full class. In either cases, I listed as it appeared on my transcript.