How to enter in CC coursework into AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilMermaid1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I couldn't find this information on the AAMC website. I would like to know how to insert the courses I took at a community college after graduating. It was sort of a DIY post bacc. Would I enter it in a senior grades or postbacc undergrad?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I couldn't find this information on the AAMC website. I would like to know how to insert the courses I took at a community college after graduating. It was sort of a DIY post bacc. Would I enter it in a senior grades or postbacc undergrad?

Thanks in advance!
Classify them as Postbac, since you took the courses after getting a baccalaureate degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
Classify them as Postbac, since you took the courses after getting a baccalaureate degree.
How would you proceed if you want to enter CC coursework after submitting the AMCAS?

I plan to use AP credits when applying, but will take CC prereqs for Math and English only if required by a medical school prior to matriculation. Do I enter math and english as future CC coursework or don't enter anything because I won't take them unless a medical school doesn't accept AP credits

1) How would you proceed if you want to enter CC coursework after submitting the AMCAS?

2) I plan to use AP credits when applying, but will take CC prereqs for Math and English only if required by a medical school prior to matriculation. Do I enter math and english as future CC coursework or don't enter anything because I won't take them unless a medical school doesn't accept AP credits
1) Once you submit to AMCAS, you cannot update or add to the transcript section.

2) If you enter Future coursework, it is not considered binding, so you can enter it, or not enter it, as you feel is most suitable to your strategy.

2) If you enter Future coursework, it is not considered binding, so you can enter it, or not enter it, as you feel is most suitable to your strategy.

Do you recommend I add "future" English and Math courses to my primary?

I would only be taking them if it is a matriculation requirement, and I won't know whether or not it is until I find out about acceptances because some schools I will apply to accept APs while others don't.

If required, I would most likely be taking them at a CC (not my main college) after graduation, so then if I list it I may have to write another institution on my AMCAS which I may or may not be attending depending on the matriculation requirement

Do you recommend I add "future" English and Math courses to my primary?

I would only be taking them if it is a matriculation requirement, and I won't know whether or not it is until I find out about acceptances because some schools I will apply to accept APs while others don't.

If required, I would most likely be taking them at a CC (not my main college) after graduation, so then if I list it I may have to write another institution on my AMCAS which I may or may not be attending depending on the matriculation requirement
What if you get accepted for the first time off a waitlist on June 1? Or July 1? What is your plan then? If schools see you planned to take it, but you didn't, they accept you and put you in a bind. If you don't list Future coursework, maybe you won't get that last minute acceptance at all.

What is the balance of schools on your list that take AP and those that don't?

What is your judgement of likelihood of acceptance at each of those schools?

These are all rhetorical questions, and I don't expect you to respond. But you see why I can't answer your original question? Strategic considerations should help you decide what approach is statistically most likely to help.

What if you get accepted for the first time off a waitlist on June 1? Or July 1? What is your plan then? If schools see you planned to take it, but you didn't, they accept you and put you in a bind. If you don't list Future coursework, maybe you won't get that last minute acceptance at all.

What is the balance of schools on your list that take AP and those that don't?

What is your judgement of likelihood of acceptance at each of those schools?

These are all rhetorical questions, and I don't expect you to respond. But you see why I can't answer your original question? Strategic considerations should help you decide what approach is statistically most likely to help.

I hope I won't be accepted off a wait list in June/July, and am preparing for that by applying early so I can hopefully hear back by April.
If a school I am wait listed at doesn't accept AP, and I have no other acceptances, then I'll take the CC classes for good measure.
I don't want to list it as future and then be expected to take it if not required when those courses are highly contingent on my wait lists/acceptances

Balance is 60/40 accept AP: don't accept AP

My state schools accept AP, so I'm leaning towards not listing English and math as future coursework so I won't be in an awkward situation .

If I'm wait listed a a top choice school that doesn't accept AP, then I'll take the CC classes for good measure before hearing back about my spot on the wait list. My question is if I do this, will issues arise when I take CC classes for these requirements when I didn't list them in my AMcAS?