How to find cGPA and sGPA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMula

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me......is there any official way to see what GPA med schools will be looking at? For example my university says my GPA is a 3.77 however, according to the AMCAS gpa calculator given to me it says my cGPA is 3.74. To make matters more confusing, my advisor says my GPA is under 3.7???

I'm very confused and I just want to know what GPA I'm applying with!
Can someone help? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone explain to me......is there any official way to see what GPA med schools will be looking at? For example my university says my GPA is a 3.77 however, according to the AMCAS gpa calculator given to me it says my cGPA is 3.74. To make matters more confusing, my advisor says my GPA is under 3.7???

I'm very confused and I just want to know what GPA I'm applying with!
Can someone help? Thanks.
After your transcripts are verified by AMCAS, you can look at the Print Application PDF view (accessed from the Main Menu) and see what GPAs they've calculated for you.

There's a spreadsheet floating around somewhere where you put in your grades from each year and it gives you your amcas gpas

Members don't see this ad :)
After your transcripts are verified by AMCAS, you can look at the Print Application PDF view (accessed from the Main Menu) and see what GPAs they've calculated for you.
It says my transcript has been received (I don't see verified anywhere), does it only reach "verified" status AFTER I have submitted it? I also don't see any GPA numbers...
There's a spreadsheet floating around somewhere where you put in your grades from each year and it gives you your amcas gpas
I filled out the spreadsheet but for some reason my Pre-health committee is saying that they calculated a different number?? I tried to ask for an explanation of how they reached the number but didn't get a straight answer....

Your gpa is only given to you by amcas after you've submitted your primary.

Reactions: 1 user